- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Reliability Engineering or other related engineering
- Experience using Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) and reporting
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing tools such as: 5S, 5Y, FMEA, PDCA, Value Stream Mapping, DMAIC, Run Charts, Pareto Analysis
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, smart, and driven people. Amazon is seeking a Reliability Engineer for our Reliability & Maintenance Engineering (RME) team. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
The Reliability and Maintenance Engineering team plays a vital role in our operational success in the distribution aspect of the business. Being able to identify risk of equipment failure and eliminate the presence of that risk is what our organization strives for. Root Cause Analysis (RCA) is key to reaching that goal. The Reliability Engineer will work within the existing RCA program with a focus of capturing and analyzing equipment failures and RCA data/practices to streamline network permanent corrective actions that maximize life, reliability and operational performance of equipment in such a way that will render the best return on our investment.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify opportunities for RCA and develops processes to address
- Facilitate high impact RCAs and drive network rollout of solutions
- Assist in developing and managing adherence to Reliability Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Lead quarterly Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) events of Critical 1 equipment and drive completion of follow-up actions
- Perform regular deep dives/data analysis to understand key focus areas for improvement across the network
- Identify opportunities to increase equipment and uptime, reduce costs and associated work.
- Lead continuous improvement events and generate cost savings that exceed performance goals
- Provide engineering guidance to RCA program initiatives
- Develop and/or utilize condition-based and predictive maintenance tools and programs to both avoid unplanned repair work and reduce RME technicians' Preventative Maintenance labor hours
- Project manage Network equipment rollouts and retrofits.
- Manage vendors and suppliers to deliver goods and services against contracts and expectations
- Work closely with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to drive equipment reliability
- Regular meetings with stakeholders to seek feedback and provide updates to RME Leadership
- Participate in conference calls and coordinate with other RME central teams and local sites to enable a closed loop feedback system that streamlines the creation of maintenance plans and strategies.
- Master’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Reliability Engineering, or other related engineering
- Ability to develop and maintain a partnership and communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally with Safety, Operations, Engineering, Sr. Management, peers, contractors and vendors
- Six Sigma certification
- Root Cause Analysis formal training and facilitation experience
- PMP certification
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated communication skills written and verbal including negotiation and conflict resolution