We are seeking a Scientific Operations Specialist with experience in compound management and study workflow coordination. A successful candidate will be skilled in the management of compound inventories, preparation of compound liquid stocks, and coordinating test compound supply chains to both internal and external scientists. We are seeking candidates who are self-motivated and able to work across the organization and with external scientists to drive success. Successful candidates will have a proven record of precise hands-on lab work and the ability to manage and streamline multiple compound-centric workflows in parallel.
- Accountable for preparation, registration, and team communication for solution batches of weekly novel drug discovery compounds.
- As key member of drug discovery teams, responsible for co-design and implementation of efficient compound testing workflows and communications to support rapid turnaround times.
- Responsible for drafting and updating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Process Maps to support the evolution of robust workflows.
- Responsible for managing requests and communications with off-site solid stock compound management provider.
- Responsible for external study implementation, including selecting, plating, and delivering compounds & study designs to external partners.
- B.S. with 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Proven expertise handling chemical matter, including mathematical equations to calculate and to prepare accurate stock concentrations.
- Proven expertise with Excel and data management software.
- Proven organizational skills with extreme attention to detail and troubleshooting.
- Project management and/or Lean or Six Sigma training desirable.