Become a Senior Advisor of Continuous/Process Improvement at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. As a Senior Advisor, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone, and help us meet our affordability goals. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future? One of SCE’s long-term strategic objectives is achieving Operational and Service excellence, as defined by best-in class performance in Safety, Reliability, Customer Satisfaction & Affordability. The ability to achieve this objective, and ultimately success of the company overall, requires integrating Operational and Service Excellence into our culture and business model, and building a Continuous Improvement (CI) capability that spans the organization. The company’s ability to meet performance objectives will determine the competitive viability of our company as we face industry challenges. This cannot be accomplished without the systematic deployment and adoption of common Continuous Improvement tools. SCE will implement a standard approach towards CI, a governance and operating model, and will identify and execute large, cross-functional projects and activities.
The Senior Advisor will be the embedded continuous improvement expert within the Transmission & Distribution Organization (T&D) to ensure business gains expertise in continuous improvement methodologies and to partner with the central CI team. This position will own the delivery of initiative results (Safety, Reliability, Customer Satisfaction, & Affordability), assist in training and coaching the less experienced Continuous Improvement practitioners, and develop sustainable CI capabilities within the organization.
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Guide T&D on the development and maintenance of CI capabilities to support operational excellence
- Closely coordinate and integrate with high priority project efforts companywide, and other Continuous Improvement teams’ activities to facilitate development of new CI practitioners and sustainable CI processes
- Lead large, complex, cross-functional projects and activities that will be transformational in nature and directly linked to the company scorecard
- Provide T&D with subject matter expertise to guide and develop a waste elimination and problem-solving culture across the organization including top-down, sideways and bottoms-up (grassroots) projects
- Collaborate with the corporate CI team support the development, maintenance, and continuously improvement of SCE standard processes, tools, and approaches to continuous improvement based on Lean Six Sigma and other methodologies
- Actively lead, promote, and manage change. This position is an individual contributor role with no direct reports
- Incumbent will act as a liaison with CI Central and other organization CI experts providing updates on CI progress and sharing best practices on a regular basis
- Utilizes computer applications such as Excel (including QI Macros), Word, PowerPoint, and Visio to analyze, document, and present information
- Maintains a safety conscious work environment by following Edison safety protocols and safe work practices
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Ten (10) or more years of overall experience in Continuous Process Improvement with business strategy, business operations, business results, customer or supplier relationships OR Ten (10) years of experience in organizational development
- Five (5) or more years of experience in implementing continuous Improvement practices in a corporate environment
- Lean Six Sigma certification at a Black Belt level (or similar) from a recognized company or institution
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Business Administration, Engineering, or related discipline
- Project Management PMP certificatio
- Organizational Change Management certification
- Demonstrated project management skills including on time-within budget-with project execution
- Demonstrated use of complex data (advanced data analytics) to identify opportunities and offer solutions
- Strong interpersonal, change management and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work across departmental boundaries, manage risks appropriately, develop and execute plans, manage information, and provide exceptional service to internal and external customers
- Experience building presentations, facilitating meetings, and presenting to a variety of audiences and levels across the organization
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate data, context, and implications to business stakeholders
- Proficiency using software tools such as Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Utilities industry experience
You should know …
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get important information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more!
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Position may require up to 10% traveling throughout the SCE service territory and may also require remote work.
- Relocation does not apply to this position.
- This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. We invite you to visit our Candidate Resource page for further information and to access information guides. For information guides, please reference test(s) (Test #8203). Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s), in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.