- Bachelor's Degree. In lieu of degree, additional years of hands-on experience may be substituted.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (or equivalent).
- 5+ years of progressive management in a global, matrix organization.
- 5+ years of experience in Operational Excellence, Lean, Six Sigma, or other related fields.
- 5+ years of interpreting and communicating analytics.
Amazon’s technology business has a history and tradition of leading the world in web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses with their computing and applications in the Cloud. As a member of AWS Support, you will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies and part of the world’s premier cloud services company while enjoying the culture of a start-up. You will be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about cloud services, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
AWS Support provides global technical and account support to a wide range of external customers who are building mission-critical applications on top of AWS services such as Amazon S3 and Amazon EC2. The team is a self-standing P&L with our ability to drive both Amazon Free Cash Flow and deliver a world class customer experience. We have a team of talented employees located in several locations around the world and are growing rapidly.
Amazon Web Services has an opening for a Senior Operations Excellence Leader, who will lead a team to build world class operational excellence systems. As the Senior AWS Support Ops Excellence Leader, you will be responsible for leading a global Amazon Customer Excellence System (ACES) team for the AWS Support Customer Service and Premium Support businesses. You will be at the forefront of, the latest AWS technologies, focusing on continuously improving the experience for our customers and the operating efficiency of our support engineers and associates globally. You will improve how thousands of people around the world leverage tools and interact with customers.
In this role, you and your team will dive deep with stakeholders into all areas of operational performance to identify improvement opportunities across a wide variety of business problems. You will break large, complex problems into manageable pieces, then ensure timely delivery of solutions. You will identify solution options and drive successful delivery of them globally. You will assess costs, benefits, and ROI. You will identify and mitigate risks, and manage escalations. You will anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance business needs with technology and resource constraints.
As the Senior Ops Excellence Leader in AWS Support you will:
- Enable transparency and decision making across AWS leadership by providing communication and clear status of the projects you own.
- Bring your expertise, problem solving skills, and creativity to add value to our team.
- Unify distributed process improvement efforts and own the plan to deliver quality outcomes for our customers.
- Work across orgs and influence AWS Service Teams to ensure we continue marrying internal support capabilities with best-in-class customer experience as new services and features are launched.
- Manage a team that continuously improves our operational efficiency as AWS continues to grow.
- Enhance and develop the continuous improvement capability within operational teams.