Reporting to the Director Global Business Process, the Senior Business Process Lead is responsible for assessing business opportunities and delivering solutions that create significant value to improve business outcomes and end to end processes within the BD Biosciences business unit.
The Senior Business Process Lead has a proven ability to drive both operational and strategic assignments through change management activities, excelling at understanding multiple business areas and functions to form and maintain strong relationships with associates across all organizational levels. The individual has joint ownership, along with senior leadership, for achievement of goals and objectives for assigned projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
Partner with management, project champions, and process owners to contribute to medium to highly complex cross-functional business process initiatives using defined project planning, Lean Six Sigma, and Agile methodologies and tools to:
- Gather and define business requirements cross-functionally to formulate proposed solutions
- Develop data driven presentations and business cases that provide analytical insight and recommendations on standardization and process improvement
- Identify gaps and inefficiencies to current state business processes.
- Continuously identify opportunities for improvement and the desired future state.
- Prioritize the opportunities across the business to align with strategic objectives.
- Drive process optimization and promote commonality/standardization in processes and tools.
- Assist and potentially lead project teams with implementing improvements and solutions.
- Recognize barriers to improvement efforts and work to remove them.
- Create appropriate documentation (i.e. current and future state process maps, project reports, SOP’s, job aids, and work instructions) as required to design and implement sustainable process and business system solutions. This includes capturing application of relevant master data to deliver the appropriate business results.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required
- B.A. or B.S. degree in business, industrial engineering or a related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Project Management or Agile certification preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma certification preferred, from accredited organization (Yellow, Green or Black Belt), including experience with LSS tools and continuous improvement fundamentals: Value Stream mapping, Kaizen, Lean Six Sigma, DMAIC, etc.
Additional Knowledge and skills:
The ideal candidate will bring a proven track record in several areas:
- Solid understanding of business processes for critical functional areas with strong facilitation skills
- Process mapping and application of appropriate improvement methodologies and tools
- Strong stakeholder management and ability to build rapport and relationships and influence senior management.
- Management and execution of complex projects by translating them into manageable tasks, developing business solutions from inception to deployment
- Ability to communicate complex business / technical challenges in a simplified manner using superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Intrapersonal skills: Excellent organization and time management skills and the ability to work independently, seeking support as needed. Excellent judgment and decision-making. Strong humility, listening, creativity, and negotiation skills
- Must be a well-respected leader who can lead through ambiguity and influence stakeholders in written and oral communications, working collaboratively and engaging with a wide variety of user groups across all organizational levels within a matrixed organization.