Reporting to the Associate Director of Site Business Operations, the Senior Manager of CAR-T Operational Excellence is responsible for the strategy and execution of the Operational Excellence culture for the Bothell site. This position will lead the identification and execution of strategic and operational priorities across GPS Manufacturing, Quality, Supply Chain and other site critical functions in support of exceeding Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive the development and implementation of a world class continuous improvement program. This includes developing and promoting an organic continuous improvement capability over time, including embedding standard work and visual management in day-to-day processes.
- Serves as a key continuous improvement advisor to the organization, including building and maintaining collaborative working relationship with Sr. Leaders and providing expert guidance in the understanding and deployment of continuous improvement principles and tools in the organization.
- Responsible for the delivery of high impact, complex improvement projects of large scope and complexity.
- Build and strengthen continuous improvement competencies by developing the design of training curricula, facilitating trainings and workshops, coaching, and providing constructive feedback to project teams.
- Acts as a key facilitator of change for highly complex, cross-functional initiatives.
- Actively participates in the continuous improvement community of practice.
- Responsible for the continue development of all personal
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Professional Experience And Qualifications
- 8+ years’ experience in operations, process improvement, or related function. Including experience in lean, operational excellence, six sigma, or continuous improvement, and process mapping.
- Direct experience in leading and supporting operational excellence and continuous improvement transformations.
- Demonstrated influence through team promotion, trust building, leveraging networks and organizational intelligence.
- Experience with matrix leadership, project management, and managing stakeholders at all levels including senior leadership.
- 3 years of experience in cGMP facility.
- Prior supervisory experience
- Master's Degree in business, manufacturing/logistics, or engineering
- Six Sigma Black certification or equivalent credentials in Lean.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of cGMP regulations and FDA guidance applicable to biologics or medical device.
- Proven experience in project management, facilitation, and change management.
- Experience leading and facilitating Hoshin Kanri policy deployment at a site level.
- Written and verbal communication skills are critical; Must be articulate and able to communicate with and influence employees at all levels across the organization.
- Highly experienced in delivering continuous improvement training programs, including providing content appropriate to different organizational roles and tailored to the specific environment.
- Proficient in analyzing data to make fact-based decisions and develop long-range vision with progressive business plans.
- Source of imaginative, thorough, and innovative solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Exhibit leadership behaviors including collaborating for results and developing/executing strategy.
- Creates an environment that encourages continuous improvement, best practices and appropriate risk taking.
- Strong business acumen, judgment and maturity with ability to connect continuous improvement outcomes to business value.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.