The Operational Excellence function is responsible for leading Expedia Group’s global innovation and continuous improvement efforts. One of our top corporate priorities is to develop an enviable platform product that will reimagine how the travel industry operates and to support our brand and supply teams to continuously deliver improvements impacting our customers and suppliers.
To excel in this role, you should be a natural problem solver, able to draw inferences from process details and link these inferences to the big Expedia Group picture by considering business objectives in identifying process improvements. You will have a deep understanding of process mapping, business process re-engineering and effective at managing change at speed. Above all, you will be a great teammate, a people's person who continuously goes above and beyond to deliver impact for the OpEx team and EG.
What you'll do:
- Proactively Identify process problems stopping us from executing on our strategic vision within Platform & Marketplaces and across Expedia Group.
- Identify new approaches and solutions to business issues identified through analysis of processes and understanding of the organization.
- You will develop business case, scope problems, take a lead in documenting new processes and procedures, facilitate testing, training and user acceptance and lead rollout of the solutions
- Work directly with identified functions and departments across our business to gather data, capture requirements, and analyze information
- Provide leadership and direction either as a member or leader of project teams.
- Facilitating process workshops that involve eliciting process requirements and liaising with users
- Detailing procedures and presenting new process designs to partners for discussion.
- Lead process change across the Organization including communication of changes and driving the implementation & operationalization of those changes
- Interpret business requirements for Business and Technology staff
- Provide functional and process expertise to product and technology teams
- Monitor, measuring and providing feedback on process performance
- Results-focused approach
- Performance Driven
Who you are:
- Understand project objectives and be able to apply their understanding of how processes should work to deliver operational improvement initiatives
- Ability to structure a large amount of information within a process framework
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work well under pressure, think analytically and communicate effectively
- Ability to adapt and stretch capabilities and skills to meet the business needs of a sophisticated global ecommerce company
- Solid experience analysing business processes within an e-commerce based organization
- Extensive experience working with external and internal clients, selling ideas to them and delivering excellent customer service
- Excellent diagramming skills, analytical, facilitation, and communication skills
- Applying their knowledge of business process modeling notations (BPMN, EPC, BPEL) to detail processes
- Familiar with standard application development methodologies and tools
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Visio
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification
- BPM Certification (AIIM BPM Certificate, Certification from BPMInstitute.org, ABPMP’s Certified Business Process Professional (CBPPBA Certification (CBAP/CCBA, BCS BA Certification, PMI-PBA, etc.)
- Statistical/data analysis skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Business/Computer Science Degree preferred)
- Demonstrable experience of business process analysis
- Proficient knowledge of software implementations