The Senior Manager, Process Excellence is responsible for driving initiatives that result in process improvements, cost savings, and/or improved profitability. The position leads the implementation of sustainable process improvements and is responsible for creative ideas, inspiring innovation and setting a foundation of Process Excellence as a means of measuring and reporting results to ensure change initiatives deliver expected business results. Primarily, the position focuses on stabilizing to optimizing our corporate-wide business processes, implementing process improvements, and supporting initiatives that drive process improvements for top-line results and realizing cost savings.
- Program Leadership
- Lead transformation initiatives and process improvement projects to achieve organizational goals.
- Lead cross-functional teams to ensure they are highly motivated, ensuring a high-performance culture.
- Define and implement the operational strategy and operating model for the “future state”. Drive assessment, planning, execution, and realization to meet the project results.
- Improve organizational efficiency, process improvements, and profitability.
- Conduct analysis that supports fact-based decisions; summarize and up-level critical takeaways to deliver concise and key messages.
- Act as an advisor by providing thought leadership to the organization.
- Prepare and present project plans and performance results to leadership.
- Build dashboards that delivers data with operational insights that support fact-based decision-making.
- Lead and drive multiple project priorities simultaneously.
- Process Excellence
- Model the use of Lean systems, tools, and philosophy; Support focused deployment of Lean tools across the organization and to assure excellence in operational execution.
- Drive targeted, sustainable improvements by leveraging process excellence skills and change management processes.
- Lead kaizen events via planning, execution, and post-kaizen support to ensure improvement opportunities are well support by the Process Excellence team with our functional partners.
- Partner closely with leadership to prioritize and implement continuous improvement in targeted areas. Establish clear functional OKRs (objectives and key results) and support Quarterly Business Review process.
- Assist in the development of improvement roadmaps.
- Coach staff that wish to achieve green and black belt equivalent Six Sigma certifications at FMI.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering or Technology
- 5+ years of experience in process improvement, business operations, and/or as a seasoned management consultant
- 3+ years of experience working or supporting across a diverse set of functions such as Operations, Quality, Supply Chain, Commercial, Human Resources, Finance, and Research & Development functions
- Knowledge of and work experience with Food and Drug Administration regulated products
- Master’s degree in Science, Engineering, and/or Business Administration (MBA)
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
- Proficient in Class A / Oliver Wight Business Process Management
- Previous experience in a CLIA Lab, diagnostics, medical device, or biopharma
- Experience using a structured approach to diagnose issues and work with teams solve problems
- Experience using planning and program management tools such as Smartsheet
- Experience working with global teams
- Working knowledge of FDA, International Organization for Standardization, Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments, and College of American Pathologist regulations
- Demonstrated success in leading cross-functional teams and implementing transformation initiatives and projects with impactful results
- Strong interpersonal communication skills both internal and external to company
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
- Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion