This position will be a key technical staff member of Single Port Endoscope NPI team and will lead process development projects to support new product launch and manufacturing process improvement.
Position Roles and Responsibilities:
- Setup pilot line for developing manufacturing processes for new product introduction
- Design and develop manufacturing processes, procedures and production flow
- Work closely with New Product Development Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Supplier Quality Engineering and other functions to resolve all technical issues to ensure successful transfer of product design to manufacturing and product release.
- Apply Robust Design / Design for Six Sigma principles in developing robust manufacturing processes
- Characterize existing processes, identify critical parameters for process control, improve process robustness and yield
- Lead and/or work in a cross functional team to resolve major technical issues
- Minimum Education: BS degree in Engineering or related technical discipline, advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 7 years of experience in process development and improvement in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Solid Knowledge and extensive experiences with diverse manufacturing processes including adhesive process , soldering process and laser welding process
- Experiences in manufacturing fiber optic products a plus
- Strong project management and excellent team work skills with proven ability to work with a cross functional team and drive for timely project success
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Strong problem solving and data analysis skills.
- Knowledge and experiences with various failure analysis techniques
- Knowledge and experiences with six sigma methodology highly desired
- Experiences with Agile or similar product lifecycle management tool preferred
- Experience in Medical Device Manufacturing (including GMP, MDD, ISO), familiarity with ISO 13485 a plus.