- Degree qualified
- 5 or more years’ experience leading an operational organization in an environment, responsible for an overall team of 700 to 750 employees.
- Able to travel, both domestically and internationally, as required by business (~50% of time).
- Comfortable working in a diverse group and contributing to an inclusive culture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both remotely and face to face.
- Proven evidence of success in operational management, operational enhancement and operational change.
- Proven experience of managing and developing three levels of management and their direct reports.
- Proven coaching and leadership skills including evidence of successful career progression and growth internally within operation and establishment of proven succession planning models.
- 5 years+ people and performance management experience.
- A proven track record of implementing, delivering large projects and communicating effectively an executive level.
- A proven track record of creating strategic plans designed to drive continual improvements at scale
Senior Delivery Station Operations Manager
At Amazon we're working to be the most Customer-centric company on earth and we are constantly improving how we fulfil and deliver customer orders. Our goal is to exceed expectations by continually striving to innovate and provide best in class customer support as we expand our logistics products and services. To improve the customer experience we are establishing a group of delivery station based customer service associates that enables real-time, hands-on investigation of where a package is and how Amazon can get it to a customer as quickly as possible. Additionally, it provides customer access to local experts who can provide them the most accurate and up-to-date information about their packages and how Amazon is resolving potential delivery issues affecting them.
Shipping & Delivery Support (SDS) is looking for a Senior Delivery Station Customer Support Operations Manager to help pioneer this new method of customer service across AMER (US, CA, MX and BR). In this leader of leaders role you will manage multiple group and team managers supporting a network of ~700 Customer Service Associates across delivery stations in the US, Canada, Mexico and Brazil. You will be working in a fast-paced environment where every day brings unique new challenges and new opportunities. You will be part of the “launch” team and help us build new processes to improve the customer experience. You should have excellent strategic, business and communication skills and be able to work with senior leaders, tech teams, and business stakeholders as well as legal owners to develop and execute a new kind of Customer Service Model. This position will involve regular communication and engagement with senior management. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive level presentation skills will be key to success. The ability to lead remote teams virtually and travel as needed is also required.
- Master’s Degree or MBA.
- 5-10 years of experience managing managers.
- 1-2 years of program management experience.
- Lean Six Sigma certified.