If you are an Operations Leader looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our newly relocated, state-of-the-art, 240,000 sq foot distribution center in Olive Branch, MS and reporting the Distribution Center Director, you will be responsible for leading a team of 4 supervisors, each having approximately 20 hourly associates, in day to day warehouse operations including receiving, picking, shipping, inventory and safety. In addition to these specified tasks you will also assist the Distribution Center Director in maintaining current programs and implementing future projects to ensure we continue delivering a high level of satisfaction to our customers.
AS THE DISTRIBUTION CENTER SENIOR OPERATIONS MANAGER, YOU WILL:
- Maintain Distribution Center and department specific Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) such as fill rates and customer satisfaction. Complete and publish productivity and quality reports in a timely manner
- Ensure incoming finished goods and received transactions are put away into inventory in a timely and accurate manner and expedited trucks and items are processed as directed
- Supervise and maintain safety programs, coordinate inspections, and proactively resolved any outstanding safety issues
- Ensure that orders are picked and shipped in an efficient, timely, and accurate manner, open orders are researched and resolved, and expedited orders are processed within established time periods
- Develop and implement strategic programs and initiatives for continuous process improvement
- Ensure all business equipment including forklifts, battery chargers, and RF equipment is maintained and in good working order. If needed, coordinate necessary building repairs and maintenance
- Balance safety, quality, productivity, cost, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas
- Empower supervisors to instruct, train, orient, motivate, and otherwise assist employees so that production and quality objectives are achieved.
- Inform employees of the company rules, regulations, and production and quality expectations
- Participate in the selection/interview process to fill work positions and appraise employee performance. Recommend promotions, transfers, and work assignments.
- Help maintain a positive workplace climate by encouraging open communication and resolving employee issues through processes consistent with established company practices
WHO YOU ARE:
You readily distinguish between what’s relevant and what’s unimportant to make sense of complex situations. You deal constructively with problems that may not have clear solutions or outcomes. You structure work so it aligns with people’s goals and motivators. You empower others. You make each person feel their contributions are important. You seek ways to improve processes, from small tweaks to complete reengineering. You convey clear performance expectations and follow up consistently. You delegate work in a way that empowers ownership. You deliver feedback letting people know where they stand, honestly and sensitively.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 years’ experience in management roles with increasing levels of responsibility
- 2 years’ experience managing direct reports
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business, or closely related discipline
- Masters or MBA
- Experience maintaining an occupational safety program
- Proficient using warehouse management systems (Oracle a bonus)
- Six Sigma, LEAN, or other Continuous Improvement Process training or certification