A role as an Engineering & Facilities, Senior Operations Manager is an opportunity to lead with a focus on safety, continuous improvement, relationship building, communication and strategic thinking. You will foster a “safety first” culture through awareness, training and accountability. You’ll have the autonomy to innovate with new approaches to process and method, all in the name of efficiency. Your guidance will help other operational leaders achieve established standards of service, quality, accuracy and productivity.
You will be a highly experienced subject matter expert in facilities and material handling system maintenance, workplace safety, and data driven management and leadership. You will oversee all engineering and maintenance matters within the building, focusing on advanced material handling systems such as robotics, Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems (AS/RS), barcode scanning equipment, picking and packing systems, conveyors, and sortation systems. You will effectively and efficiently manage operational expenditure (OpEx) budgets to run the site, as well as plan for Capital Expenditures (CapEx) for the site to optimize economic value for equipment life cycle management. You will coordinate routinely with third party vendors, ensuring adherence to contracted Service Level Agreements. You will engage in site improvement construction projects, overseeing the efforts of both internal and external contractor teams, and driving them from conception to successful completion
You will lead, hire, and retain a talented team of highly skilled leaders, maintenance technicians, Utility Attendants, and Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) software technicians that are focused on continuous learning and improvement. You will establish and reinforce a long-term vision, directing best in class asset management processes, providing a high level of equipment availability and reliability to the Operations Teams, following all regulatory and compliance requirements, and working with the HQ Supply Chain Engineering team to plan for future network growth. You will also take part in network-wide improvement initiatives and implement standards created elsewhere in the network.
You must be a self-starter, possessing the ability to manage multiple complex projects and tasks simultaneously. Moreover, you will need to be adept at providing technical leadership and mentoring to facilities maintenance leaders. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience in relevant technical or engineering field
- Proven track record of leading and developing teams
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize many different projects and workload tasks
- Experience with multi-contractor management
- Demonstrated ability to own technical issues identified by the site’s stakeholders. If you are unable to resolve certain issues internally, you willingly engage other support teams to drive it to resolution
- Understanding of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) concepts and strategies
- Experienced in material handling equipment and large, complex integrated systems maintenance
- Strong statistical analysis skills
- Exposure to Lean concepts, cost/benefit analysis, labor productivity analysis (time studies, standardized work), safety/ergonomic/human factors
- Experience with Lean/Six Sigma and root cause analysis in a technical problem-solving environment