The Senior Operations Manager is the second in command at Four Oaks Regional Distribution Center. Working closely with the site leader and all supervisory and hourly associates, the position develops, implements and executes strategies and operating plans, processes and procedures to ensure efficient, effective and safe operations of the site that result in all productivity, revenue, expense, quality, environmental health & safety, and customer service goals being met. This role leads people and is expected to do so in accordance with BD’s philosophies, values and expectations.
- Support the Site leader in the development of site strategy
- Ensure daily Distribution Center operations run efficiently, effectively, and safely.Use metrics to report on progress (i.e. cost per case/line shipped, site budgeted distribution center expense as a percent of sales, inventory, etc.)
- Work with internal Business Unit clients to ensure regular and clear expectations and communications resulting in appropriate customer expectations that are always met or exceeded.
- Using logic and data, identify issues, analyze their root causes, make recommendations to address them, and develop and implement corrective action plans
- Initiate and lead process and continuous improvements that will enhance productivity, cost savings, safety, etc.
- Lead Operations Managers.Model and apply the BD Way philosophy and execute the BD People leader expectations.Hold direct reports for doing the same with their associates
- Develop and implement programs consistent with the Integrated Supply Chain Labor strategy to ensure the site is fully staffed with high quality, engaged associates, zero mandatory overtime is required, and associates are cross-trained, etc.
- Work with other DCs and groups (EHS, Quality, Transportation, HR, etc.) to share best practices and ensure a high performing site
- Play a significant role on special projects that arise at the site or across North America Supply Chain.
- While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to episodes of walking, talking, hearing, and sitting, use of hands to type and repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. The employee may occasionally be required to stand, stoop, climb, reach, push, pull, grasp, and twist. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience within distribution, transportation, and/or customs compliance.
- 5 years of direct P/L experience preferred
- 5 years in general managerial or equivalent roles preferred
- Process oriented, Continuous Improvement Experience
- Strong people leadership including developing, coaching, listening, collaborating, and delegating
- Excellent organizational, analytical and process efficiency skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications
- Project leadership skills
- Initiative and drive for results
- Bachelor’s Degree Business, Supply Chain or Industrial. or Equivalent Experience
- Six Sigma Certification preferred
- Must be able to travel approximately 10%