Skyworks’ is looking for a Process Engineer who will play a key role in the GaAs wafer fabrication facility. As a Process engineer, you will be responsible for sustaining production processes and tools, including all wet and dry etch to ensure smooth production flow & driving continuous improvement projects to minimize processing issues and improve productivity. To be successful in this role, you need to possess intimate knowledge of SPC and its role in wafer manufacturing. Must be able to work in fast-paced operations with the ability to handle several challenges at the same time, have an excellent organizational, project management and people skills. Have wide-ranging experience in using professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Drive improvement in process, yield, cost and overall equipment availability and utilization by working with cross functional teams.
The Process Engineer will be responsible for sustaining the production processes and tools for Newbury Park’s 24 x 7 operations. Key responsibilities will include Cp/Cpk improvement of all critical processes, conceiving and planning cost reduction projects, while ensuring quality products, qualifying new tools for production, including documentation, training and certification of operators/technicians & working closely with the Advanced Process Development group on future technologies. Working on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercising good judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining desired results. Determining methods and procedures on new assignments, and providing guidance to other personnel.
- Hands on experience and knowledge of semiconductor wafer fabrication processes and tools in wet and dry etch
- Process sustaining expertise in a wafer manufacturing environment
- Process characterization and optimization using DOE methodology
- Statistical Process Control
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal, interpersonal, written)
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Must be a strong team player, detail oriented, and perform well under pressure
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and FMEA desired
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Physics or Chemistry
- Knowledge of Plasma Etching systems, Photo resist strip (wet and dry), wet etch and clean and solvent processing
- Experience in semiconductor process and technology development
- Experience with SPC quality control methods and MES.
- Experience using Manufacturing Execution System (e.g., PROMIS, Native PROMIS), Quality system Software (e.g., QSI), Statistical software (e.g., SPC, JMP, SQC, Data Power), Process Control Plan (PCP) & FMEA
- Problem Solving & Continuous Improvement using Six Sigma, 8D, DOE.
- Measurement system Analysis (e.g., Gage Study)
- Ability to plan and execute well-designed experiments and produce concise reports.
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a group with diverse technical backgrounds.