REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS This position reports to the Site Manufacturing Director COMPANY OVERVIEW For over 65 years, Halocarbon has been one of the world’s leading producers of high-quality fluorochemicals in three primary segments of Engineered Fluids, Electronics Solutions, and Life Sciences. Halocarbon is privately held by a generational family enterprise with an extraordinary culture that cares.
The company has approximately 155 employees with locations in North Augusta, SC and Peachtree Corners, GA.
Halocarbon Mission: We collaborate with our partners to create fluorochemistry breakthroughs that improve products and impact lives. We encourage entrepreneurial curiosity in all that we do, both internally and externally. Its vision is to help improve the quality of life through breakthroughs in fluorochemistry.
Halocarbon Core Values: Caring, Curiosity, Collaboration, and Competitive Spirit
LOCATION 1100 Dittman Court
North Augusta, South Carolina 29841
POSITION IMPACT The company thrives as an entrepreneurial enterprise where the successful candidate has the opportunity to make a tremendous impact on the world’s quality of life through revolutionary discoveries. This is an extraordinary opportunity to leverage your skills in a nimble organization with career advancement opportunities. The Life Sciences business segment is Halocarbon’s largest segment with high growth potential. FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We seek a Senior Process Engineer who is highly motivated and an ambitious individual. This person should be an active, creative thinker who sees things from a systems/process point of view. The individual should have a demonstrated track record of success (best in class) and possess a strong desire to learn and grow professionally. He/ She must be a strong individual contributor who is also team-oriented and works collaboratively as part of the process engineering team on a broad range of life sciences projects with exemplary verbal, written, and presentation skills.
Specific functions and responsibilities in the manufacturing of Life Sciences include the following:
· Troubleshoot and improve manufacturing and production issues while adhering to plant safety requirements and promoting a positive safety culture
· Analyze, develop, configure and optimize the Life Sciences production process
· Manage the management of change (MOC) / change control process for the Life Sciences area
· Assess the production and materials handling processes, taking measurements and interpreting data
· Ensure all Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), PSM, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and cGMP regulations are followed
· Design, run, and test to improve systems and processes of Life Sciences
· Develop best practices, routines, and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output to include product packaging
· Manage cost and time constraints
· Demonstrated experience leading/managing Six Sigma projects
· Support technology/capital projects to drive strategic growth initiatives for the Life Sciences business segment
· Ensure that potential EHS issues related to the process operator, the environment, the process, and the product are eliminated or reduced to minimum levels
The ideal candidate will be a strong individual contributor who is a change agent and has 10 to 20 years of experience in manufacturing (preferably chemicals or specialty chemicals)
providing solutions in technical, industrial or chemical products. Additional required professional qualifications include:
• Experience working for a large, operationally excellent company (has a clear vision for what Operational Excellence looks like and how to support that vision)
• Experience with Six Sigma, Black Belt required
• Experience as a Process Engineer with solid process troubleshooting skills, reactor and distillation experience preferred
• Continuous Improvement mindset and strong analytical and critical thinking skills
We seek a humble, servant leader with a demonstrated track record of success in building great client partnerships, who is a great culture fit and passionate about his/her tradecraft. He/ She must possess good judgment, maturity, and a strong work ethic. The candidate’s personal characteristic should also include:
- Excellent leadership skills with a continuous improvement mentality and a provider of solutions
· Active, creative thinker who sees things from a systems/process point of view
· Highly collaborative, team player, adaptable, and reacts positively to change
· Self-starter and highly capable of working with and respecting people at all levels of the organization
· Entrepreneurial mindset/spirit (excited to join a small company where they can play a big role/make a significant impact)
Bachelor’s Degree required in Chemical Engineering
Six Sigma, Black Belt required
COMPENSATION Halocarbon offers attractive benefits and compensation package commensurate with qualifications and experience that includes matching 401K, medical/dental coverage, disability/life insurance, and a unique wellness program.
CONTACT Alissa Hawkins