This position reports to: Senior Director, Finance Strategy and Insights
The Finance Program and Process Excellence team is responsible for driving the execution of the top priority, cross-functional programs and change initiatives within the Finance organization. The team is comprised of professionals with program management, change management, business process improvement, Agile methodology, and systems assessment competencies who work in partnership with key Finance leaders to drive scale, agility, and operational efficiency.
ServiceNow Finance’s growth requires leaders who are client-focused, have an entrepreneurial spirit to create new solutions, demonstrate an unrelenting tenacity to get things done, and are capable of solving complex problems.
We are looking for a Senior Process Improvement Manager to drive complex process improvement and transformation efforts across Finance to enable scale, operational efficiency, and agility. The right candidate has a strong command over best practices for business performance improvement and process design, can demonstrate the ability to evaluate and assess gaps and opportunities, and develop scalable outcomes in partnership with process owners.
What you get to do in this role:
- Partner with Finance process owners to drive critical process improvements and automation in FP&A, Accounting, and other functional areas, including mapping of current state processes, assessment of pain points, gaps, and interdependencies, and design and implementation of future state solutions
- Measure, monitor, and evaluate the effectiveness of process improvements post implementation and make appropriate future enhancements to optimize efficiency and effectiveness
- Establish and promote continuous process improvement mindset and practices through KPI/metric target-setting and monitoring, process mining, and enablement training
- Leverage industry-leading process improvement methodologies to develop process mapping, assessment, and reengineering frameworks and toolkits for Finance process owners, including process flow diagrams, roles/responsibilities, gap analysis reports etc.
- Develop and maintain standardized operating procedures that reduce process variation while allowing for flexibility and scale
- Collaborate and contribute to the creation, deployment, and maintenance of process best practices and documentation
To be successful in this role you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Engineering is preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in leading large-scale Finance process improvements and automation
- 5+ years of experience in high-growth and industry-leading PaaS/SaaS companies is preferred
- Direct experience in designing and defining processes and workflow modeling across all levels (processes, sub-processes, activities, tasks, methods, and procedures)
- Experience in multiple, cross-functional Finance process areas
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Commitment to producing high-quality, cutting-edge deliverables
- Exceptional consulting and communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated experience in the use of process improvement methodologies, such as Lean or Six Sigma, and related approaches (Kaizens and Root Cause Analysis)
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt, Business Process Professional (CBPP®) or Certified Business Process Leader (CBPL™) Qualification is highly desirable