The Senior Process Improvement Professional analyzes, and measures the effectiveness of existing business processes and develops sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements. The Senior Process Improvement Professional work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Process Improvement Professional researches best business practices within and outside the organization to establish benchmark data. Defines and leads business improvement projects aligned with business strategies and operational priorities. Collects and analyzes process data to initiate, develop and recommend business practices and procedures that focus on member experience, increased productivity and efficiency and reduced cost. Determines how new information technologies can support re-engineering business processes. May specialize in one or more of the following areas: benchmarking, business process analysis and re-engineering, change management and measurement, and/or process-driven systems requirements. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
As Senior Process Improvement Professional for continuous improvement within Humana Pharmacy, you will: design, implement, and improve business processes across designated areas of responsibility to help enhance business outcomes. You will focus on projects throughout the Humana Pharmacy and within Healthcare Services that will directly impact cost, quality and member experience.
- Serve as Change Agent by partnering with Health Care Services and Humana Pharmacy Leaders to define and implement strategies to drive out waste and process variation to increase associate work efficiency and improve member experience
- Develop and implement cost per, quality & outcomes measures and improvement initiatives helping drive cost reduction balanced with quality improvements
- Be a champion of the process of implementing Lean Systems in order to deliver significant Process Improvement and Cost Reduction for products and processes
- Partner with operations leadership to identify and delivery optimization initiatives and achieve assigned Cost Reduction Targets, with regular updates to Senior Management and specific reporting tools. This involves working with Business Leaders, Pharmacy Service Operations, Clinical Programs, Pharmacy Technology & Capabilities, Finance and other partners as needed to conduct detailed Cost Benefit Analysis during initiative ideation and validate all benefits post initiative deployment
- Analyzes and measures the effectiveness of existing business processes and develops sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable improvements.
- Develops projects through the DMAIC, Kaizen or other standard process improvement methodologies (whichever best benefits the business), while considering potential project risks.
- Direct or Indirect leadership of cross-functional teams to ensure project objectives are obtained.
- Deliver results with short deadlines, making critical decisions, and escalating issues with minimal supervision
- Monitors performance metrics to ensure that organization objectives in the areas of cost, efficiency, and quality are met
- Plans and facilitates meetings with management to review and examine project progress
- Bachelor's Degree with 3+ years of experience or 5+ years of experience in process improvement with a minimum of 3 years in a non-manufacturing organization
- Demonstrated success in the planning and implementation of across-the-board process improvement initiatives, including both tactical and strategic-level projects
- Have a full and effective confidence of process improvement tools and methodologies and metrics commonly used
- Proven Change Agent, with demonstrated abilities and successes in influencing and motivating at all levels of an organization.
- Expertise and experience in Project Management, Program Management, Problem Solving, Issues Mitigation, and Team Development
- Strong communication (presentation, verbal, written) skills-set, including ability to write documentation that would allow the user to fully understand both a technical/systems and business process as well demonstrated ability to develop presentations and/or written reports to articulate the of status improvement initiatives to Senior Leadership team members
- Ability to think analytically, apply analytical techniques, and to provide in-depth analysis of technical process, business process, or raw data and recommendations to management using critical thinking and sound judgment
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret financial measures associated with process improvement, cost modeling, and forecasting.
- High level of proficiency with all Microsoft Software including Excel, Power Point, Visio, and Project, and Word
- Ability to integrate into and thrive as a member of a virtual team
- Must be able to travel 10% of the time for 2 to 3 days at a time on short notice
- Experience in in Healthcare, Pharmacy Operations, Call Center, or Care Management
- Minimum of 3 years of full-time Six Sigma /Lean Expert experience highly desired with a minimum of 1 year outside of a manufacturing setting
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt, DMAIC Green Belt and/or Lean Leader Lean Expert, with practical expertise in all relevant Lean and Six-Sigma tools and methodologies
- Strong analytical skills and high level of proficiency with Minitab or equivalent Statistical package