The ideal Candidate possesses both broad and deep hands-on process knowledge for manufacturing of mechanical components and assemblies to develop the next generation of da Vinci robotic surgical systems. You will select and develop our suppliers, our supplier’s parts and manufacturing processes to produce high quality/reliability mechanical products using sound engineering principals and an innovate approach, as necessary.
You will also continuously improve our supplier’s manufacturing and business processes to optimize cost, quality, delivery and service requirements using best practices in project management, Six Sigma, Lean, and SPC.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility to:
Select and develop Suppliers in order to achieve the delivery, quality, cost, and capacity requirements.
Identify critical manufacturing process, acceptance test, define and control key input variables, implement process control, and solve complex problems that will prevent manufacturing and reliability defects in the supply chain. The system manufacturing processes includes, among others: machining, plastic molding, mechanical assemblies, and subassemblies.
- Drive corrective actions for supplier process by driving suppliers to true root cause analysis and corrective and Preventive actions.
- Deliver the following key deliverables: pFMEA, Special Process Validations, FAI, Cpk Studies, Capacity Studies, DFM/DFA, and should cost analysis.
- Work closely with design, manufacturing and project teams to support launch of new products.
The ideal Candidate possesses broad and deep hands-on mechanical, process and supplier engineering skills to select and develop suppliers, parts, and manufacturing processes to produce high quality/reliability products using sound engineering principals using an innovate approach, as necessary.
- Minimum Education: BS degree in Engineering or equivalent, MS degree preferred
- Minimum 8 years related experience in Manufacturing, Process, Supplier, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Excellent Project Management, complex problem solving skills, and written/verbal communication skills
- Ideal candidate would have specific experience in at least one of the following areas: casting and other near-net-shape processes, linear motion products (ball screws, actuators, recirculating linear bearings, cross-roller bearings), rotary motion products (gear boxes, single and dual race ball bearings, tapered roller bearings, etc) weldments & fabrications, and/or sheet-metal & stampings.
- Ability to travel to suppliers on an as needed basis – domestic and international