I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with business units to achieve success by increasing productivity, reducing costs, and improving processes. Focuses on identifying and removing process inefficiencies using key Continuous Improvement tools and a defined methodology for solving problems down to root cause.
- Serves as a resource for The Queen’s Health Systems on Six Sigma methodology. Provides technical and strategic leadership to meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Plans, conducts, facilitates and leads Six Sigma projects.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Essential: sitting, seeing, hearing, speaking.
- Frequent: finger dexterity.
- Occasional: standing, walking, stooping/bending, kneeling, crawling, climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground; repetitive arm/hand motions.
- Operates computers, telephone, printer, copiers, facsimile.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
- Completion of Six Sigma Black Belt Program. Lean Six Sigma or Six Sigma Black Belt Certification preferred.
- Five (5) years work experience in continuous process improvement using Six Sigma methodologies (i.e. DMAIC, DFSS, Kaizen).
- Experience to demonstrate:
o Ability to apply statistical methods to improve process capability and reduction of process variation.
o Demonstrated ability to create technical reports and impactful presentations.
o Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel and Access), flow chart and statistical software.
o Ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all organizational levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Prior supervisory/leadership experience preferred.
- Prior healthcare experience preferred.