We are seeking a Black Belt Business Process Consultant to join the Six Sigma team in supporting (12) West Region Distribution Centers.
This position is remote near one of the West Region Distribution Center locations with 15% travel.
The Six Sigma Business Process Consultant will work closely with managers, directors and/or non-exempt employees. The position will require the ability to accomplish the following:
- Plans, performs and implements process improvement initiatives (such as Lean or Six Sigma). Diagrams and evaluates existing processes.
- Organize, lead and facilitate cross-functional project teams. Develop metrics that provide data for process measurement, identifying indicators for future improvement opportunities.
- Collect and analyze data to identify root cause of problems. Measures performance against process requirements. Aligns improvement to performance shortfalls.
- Provides consultation on the use of re-engineering techniques to improve process performance and product quality.
- May deliver presentations and training courses including measurement, analysis, improvement and control. Surveys and analyzes best practices for techniques and processes. Communicates team progress. Performs cost and benefit analyses.
- Leads process improvement projects within the business unit and of moderate complexity. These projects could be provided by the business partners or defined independently.
- Coaching and mentoring of Yellow and Greenbelts will be required, although moderate. Receives little-to-no instruction on day-to-day work. The process improvement culture within the locations is moderate to high, possibly requiring moderate change management activities.
Initiatives typically originate at an executive level with executive level commitments. It requires a solid communication approach to facilitate work with customers and suppliers. The role requires collaboration with other Business Process teams to develop and execute process improvement. A high level of project management and influencing skills will be required to ensure success. Will need to be an expert in process improvement and have the ability to take challenging, ambiguous or visionary concepts to conclusion with team members across multiple functions.
- 5+ years’ experience, at least four of which is in project management or process improvement full-time preferably in the Healthcare Industry
- Six Sigma Black Belt level training/experience required
- 2+ year of Leadership and Coaching experience required
- Knowledge and experience in supply chain preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean, Kaizen, and Workout tools, problem solving / root cause analysis and process management
- Strong financial analysis, P&L interpretation, financial acumen - ability to calculate cost benefit analysis and ROI, and help identify financial savings
- Data analysis skills, interpretation, and evaluation of reports
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- PC skills: Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Visio)
- Exceptional business acumen/aptitude, strong problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, influence and gain commitment at all levels of the organization
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification desirable
- Solid writing, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated, organized and capable of handling multiple responsibilities and projects to successful completion
- Strong project management skills
- Strong change management skills highly desired
- Knowledge of Six Sigma tools and methodologies including DMAIC, Lean, Kaizen, Workout, and DFSS
- 4-year degree in related field or equivalent experience. Graduate degree preferred