Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience and proven track record in the successful implementation of Lean Six Sigma processes in a complex organization.
- Proven track record in facilitation, public speaking, training, presentation, and communication.
- Demonstrated success initiating change and ability to influence at all levels.
- The ability, business maturity and interpersonal “savvy” to be proactive with work and establish credibility with senior leader and business process owners.
- Strong consulting experience and skills that include the capability to quickly identify and develop improvement opportunities and build the trust and confidence of key line executives, managers, and employees.
- Experience coaching and mentoring to all levels of an organization, actively contributes to the development of department and individual capabilities.
- Leadership, project management, design thinking, problem-solving and team development.
- Technical competency in Lean Six Sigma skills: DMAIC, DFSS, Lean, Kaizen/Work-out, process management, change management and advanced statistical techniques.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Process analysis and improvement skills.
- High energy, relentless optimism in pursuit of achieving outcomes.
- Proven track record in achieving results by working independently and with others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Proficiency in Windows, Minitab, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio software.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required, advanced degree preferred, in related field or four (4) years of managerial experience in process improvement.
- Formal Lean and Six Sigma training, Master Black Belt or Black Belt certification required.
- Eight (8) years of professional level experience.
- Five (5) years of experience in Lean or Six Sigma.
- Two (2) years of experience in higher education is preferred.
- Official transcripts are required.
- Current and valid Texas driver’s license required for offsite travel.
***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check.***
2 - 5 years of Project Management Office Experience
5 - 7 years of consultaning experience
3 - 5 ERP implementation experience as business process team lead
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Equip the organization with the Lean, Six Sigma and operational excellence tools and practices necessary to improve and optimize organizations, process, and technology performance.
- Initiate and champion change to develop an organizational mindset that drives process improvement, ownership, and accountability.
- Conduct in-depth analyses (when required), including data collection, data analyses, and synthesis of data to generate key insights for projects or Lean deployment strategies
- Design and deliver Lean Six Sigma training program. Recruit, mentor, and coach Six Sigma Green Belts.
- Act as a key driver for change within the business units aligned to supporting project execution and toll-gating and helping them to learn, understand, adjust, and grow with the business Lean Six Sigma transformation
- Perform organizational and process analysis and develop plans to improve quality, cycle time and cost. Synthesize analysis into operational insights and practical recommendations to assess risk and financial impact.
- Develop presentations for senior management to facilitate discussions on project or program progress, results and assistance needed from them
- Proven analysis and scoping experience yielding projects and pipeline that maximizes the impact and benefit of improvements to decrease project cycle times.
- Maintain collaborative team relationships with peers and colleagues in order to effectively contribute to the working groups on achievement of goals, and to help foster a positive work environment.
- Identify and lead 1-3 large-scale process and organizational projects at a given time.
- Mentor and coach project teams – including project leaders and members - to develop plans that enable continuous improvement post-implementation.
- Provide regular reports of projects completed and in progress along with KPIs metrics demonstrating financial and operational impact.
- Ensure disciplined, data-driven, well-documented processes and approaches to improving end-to-end operational performance led by voice of the customer (VOC).