SUMMARY: The Lean Six Sigma Change Specialist will partner with the Executive Leadership team to execute Lean Six Sigma processes and the strategy for a Lean Six Sigma culture within Worldwide Clinical Trials Early Phase business unit. The ideal candidate will have experience leading Kaizen events in a clinical or laboratory setting. This position will contribute to the prioritization of projects to ensure work aligns with strategic goals and reports directly to the General Manager, Early Phase business unit.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Partner with subject matter experts to generate and analyze information that will support the recommendations of solutions that address productivity, efficiency, complexity, and strategic opportunities, while enhancing the customer experience
- Design, document, and drive processes to ensure timely completion of projects with successful outcomes. Guide team members through the project and implementation process
- Educate and train team members on how to use Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques, such as control charts, histograms, and a root cause analysis
- Perform gap analysis on needs versus existing availability of metrics. Develop and modify reporting configurations that meet requirements
- Designs/develops/modifies/troubleshoots methods supporting business process analysis
- Performs proactive and reactive analyses to ensure data integrity and opportunities for improvements
- Drive for high-quality results on any other deliverables as assigned.
- Participates in and supports multiple internal levels of management in the analysis and evaluation of initiatives, projects, and issues
- Participates in efforts to implement ongoing process management mechanisms (process mapping, documentation, metrics, monitoring systems, and process control techniques)
- Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proven cross-functional team leadership skills and the ability to influence others at all levels of an organization
- Project management training and/or certification a plus
- Ability to present complex concepts comfortably and effectively
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- Certified Green, Brown or Black Belt
- Three years of experience leading Lean Six Sigma projects
- Demonstrated proficiency with statistical and process management software, flowcharting, and process mapping.
- Ability to produce measurable productivity gains.
- Must have experience with analytical laboratory or clinical projects -
- Ability to travel extensively between Austin, Texas and San Antonio, Texas