The Operational Excellence Specialist is responsible for technical leadership and coordination of activities relating to support, development, and improvement of manufacturing processes. This role involves serving on cross-functional teams to investigate operational and organizational deficiencies within the current processes, and to design improvements and implement more efficient/effective systems. This person will interact with all affected functional areas/levels and will drive continuous improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for prioritization and coordination of team members to drive continuous improvement projects across the site.
- Establishes baseline and target metrics for key processes to drive cost effective improvements.
- Participates in business cost proposals and identifies customer requirements for new project initiatives.
- Provide guidance, support, direction, and leadership through positive interactions with all personnel during daily operations.
- Assist in setting performance objectives and development plans. Monitor progress.
- Responsible for supporting management of the site level Operational Excellence deployment plan including the Baxter Operating System (BOS), Value Improvement Process (VIP), Value Stream Management (VS Management), Lean Academy, Certification Programs, Best Practices Sharing, and others.
- Manages internal client expectations.
- Participates in process team meetings and provides department/company perspective.
- Provides support for initial and ongoing Lean events (Kaizens, Value Stream Mapping, and Lean training) to ensure consistency and proper application of Lean tools & processes
- Learn, understand, and apply rigorous quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Basic knowledge and experience of equipment and processes in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work with cross-functional teams.
- Some experience in facilitation, negotiation, and influencing skills. The ability to drive change.
- Excellent communication, organizational, computer, and interpersonal skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Must have a working knowledge of foundational LEAN tools and methodology
- Ability to lead and/or co-lead process improvement projects.
- Excellent reading, writing and verbal communication skills. Strong teaching and presentation skills required.
- Solid analytical/statistical problem-solving skill; ability to analyze and interpret basic statistical data.
- Ability to understand GMPs and other applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Strong assessment and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be self-driven and accountable.
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions and read and comprehend written work instructions including words and drawings.
- Must have basic English written and oral communication skills adequate to communicate with other team members.
- BS/BA degree in Business Management, Engineering, or other related field of study with combined 1-3 years of manufacturing/Operational Excellence experience.
- Experienced understanding of cGMPs and other regulatory guidelines applicable to the medical/pharmaceutical industry.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification is preferred.