The Manufacturing Engineer II (M.E. II), reporting to the Manager, Manufacturing Engineering & Supply Chain Technical Support, under limited supervision, provides Manufacturing Engineering support to the production team(s) to manufacture and assemble existing and future products. The M.E. II takes a leadership role with supporting Supply Chain to resolve supplier technical issues and improving supplier capacity and capabilities. The M.E. II plays a key role in the review and establishment of methodizing and creation of production processes and procedures to gain maximum assembly efficiencies.
As part of your job responsibilities, this job will require you to support multiple work sites that include both our Anaheim, CA and Gardena, CA locations. The expectation is to report to each location on a regular and weekly basis. Additional travel is to be expected as needed to meet business requirements, demand and needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support Manufacturing operations to maintain highest level of productivity and quality possible.
- Evaluate and methodize a product or assembly using drawings, military specifications and documentation used in the fabrication and production of military electro/mechanical products.
- Plan, develop and facilitate the implementation of processes and procedures required to assemble transformers, electro/mechanical assemblies, subassemblies and systems to reduce cost, improve quality and scheduling.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Planning, Quality and Manufacturing to resolve production problems to meet production schedules.
- Develop, maintain and input routers into MTO database for new and existing products.
- Design and or recommend equipment, assembly aids and tooling required to manufacture products.
- Select manufacturing tools and equipment inclusive of capital equipment to improve production. Must have the ability to create and present to management, written return on investment, ROI (Return on Investment) justification and PAR (Project Authorization Request) for the purpose of procurement of capital equipment.
- Participate effectively in Design Reviews on new and existing products with Design Engineering and make recommendations for ease of manufacturing to improve cost, quality and scheduling.
- Estimate touch labor required in the production of fabricated assemblies, electro/mechanical sub assemblies, assemblies, and systems equipment utilizing estimating tools such as MTM II and the application of learning curves. Prepare Task Definition and Basis for Estimate worksheets for proposal activities.
- Perform time and motion studies and provide recommendations for increased efficiency. Studies and records time, motion, methods, and speed involved in performance of maintenance, production, clerical, and other worker operations to establish standard production rate and to improve efficiency.
- Support Supply Chain with cost analysis, negotiations, supplier capacity and capabilities.
- Support technical Supplier teams and commodity SMEs to resolve supplier technical issues.
- Support Quality with LSC-1 supplier audits as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering highly preferred.
- Must have minimum three (3) years recent related experience and/or training in Manufacturing Engineering or related profession in high tech industry.
- Recent experience in machine shop fabrication is a plus.
- Understanding and at least three (3) years’ experience in the processes and procedures required to manufacture and assemble cables/harnesses, magnetics, electro/mechanical sub-assemblies, assemblies, and systems.
- Understanding and at least three (3) years’ experience in designing assembly aids, tooling and fixtures.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in the selection of manufacturing tools and equipment inclusive of capital equipment to improve production
- At least three (3) years’ experience in GD&T when reviewing and designing drawings.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in root cause analysis and corrective action
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in implementing Six Sigma, Lean, Continuous Improvement, Value Stream Mapping, Design for Manufacturability, or Design for Assembly activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering. Must have 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training in Manufacturing Engineering or related profession in high tech industry. Recent experience in machine shop fabrication is a plus.