Perform specialized assignments of an engineering nature associated with the design and development phase of programs for which they have delegated Quality Assurance (QA) responsibility, implementing QA in compliance with the Quality System and Standards. Conduct investigative work to solve and resolve quality-related problems and contractual obligations. Develop and initiate new methods and procedures for inspection and test evaluation.
- Participate in the sustainment of AS 9100/ISO 9001:2008, Quality Management System (QMS) and meeting Quality requirements as specified in existing contracts in conformance with QA Programs and/or customer imposed Supplier Mission Assurance requirements (SMAR).
- Perform primary or supporting activities as documented in the Quality System Manual, Quality Assurance Procedures, Quality Assurance Instructions and Process Control Instructions. Review, update and provide improvements for documents within the QMS.
- Review delegated contractual documents and assist in generation of QA flow downs (internal/external), identifying any special needs for Inspection or Test, QA Instructions or Inspection Procedures.
- Review and approve work instructions, test procedures/test data sheets, engineering changes, blueprints, and purchase orders. Investigate and disposition rejected In-Process Material, electronic sub-assemblies, units failing test, or rejected incoming material.
- Initiate failure analysis, corrective action and follow-up for all of the above. Process purge orders, Failure Analysis Reports, and Audit Reports.
- Ensure implementation of contract flow down quality requirements, as delegated, for parts associated with projects, and assigning QA codes to item master, purchase order and project specific requirements, i.e. Parts Material Process (PMP) plans.
- Ensure the End Item Data Package (EIDP) is developed and reviewed against contractual requirements and submitted for customer approvals.
- Audit completed planning documents (routers), test data and shipping documents, internal procedures and supplier performance.
- Perform or assist with AS 9100 internal/external audits in accordance with the approved audit schedule, if suitably trained and certified.
- Perform continuous overall monitoring of the Quality System documentation and its implementation to ensure compliance with the division policy statement and promote process improvements.
- Support various essential activities such as: ESD control and implementation of the policy, Receiving and In-Process Inspection, In-Process audits, Configuration Management and MRB activity, GIDEP Alert activity, and training of Quality personnel.
- Lead Failure Review Boards (FRB).
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior Quality and/or Manufacturing experience within the electronics industry or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree or equivalent with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) activities.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active Security Clearance
- Solid general background in electronics, inspection, soldering and workmanship J-STD-001 and Inspection Standard IPC-A-610, work plans, and assembly practices.
- Ability to lead Failure Review Board (FRB).
- Knowledge of blueprint interpretation, test procedures and equipment, material review functions (failure cause identification and corrective action), contract review and interpretation, and configuration control.
- Proficient in application and understanding of the Quality Standards as they apply to the AS 9100 Quality System and the MIL specifications.
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency with a PC and the Microsoft Office Suite of products, including Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and report-writing skills.
- Excellent listening, observation, and comprehension skills and able to articulate judgments made in verbal and written form in a professional manner
- Trained in the development, creation, and usage of metrics.
- Trained in Six Sigma and Lean techniques.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.