The Sr. Manager of Continuous Improvement (CI) will have leadership responsibility for planning, coordinating, and managing activities and initiatives that have broad organizational impact focusing on Continuous Improvement within BDB. The position will be accountable for the effective management of (CI) projects and achievements of results, including creating a culture of Continuous Improvement.
The role will work with Plant and Functional leaders to develop CI strategies that will assure capability (BDPS, LEAN, TPM, Six Sigma, Financial Analysis, and Project Management) and effectiveness to achieve/contribute to overall BDB objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage, Mentor and Lead the successful execution of CI Plans across BDB Operations.
- Actively find new opportunities for process improvement, reduce production costs, and improve customer satisfaction
- Assist in development of CI department goals and objectives.
- Create and manage department CI Calendar.
- Develop and track CI metrics.
- Participate in and support CI initiatives.
- Mentor others, within and outside of the department as related to CI initiatives.
- Develop and update VSMs to drive CI.
- Facilitate blitzes throughout the plants.
- Monitor and ensure that Financial Scorecard and Monthly Site Reports are maintained and updated.
- Teach, coach and demonstrate proficiency in BDPS concepts and systematic approach, including strategy development & deployment (SDD), core components, Zero Loss mind set and all related methodologies/tools.
- Meet or exceed C2W (Cost to Win) goals through leading and/or supporting Focused Improvement team savings projects (Loss Landscape), and project hopper to 125%
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with the site senior leadership team, working in close partnership to coach and mentor the organization on process improvement and business excellence efforts.
- Train and develop staff (from Senior Management to shop floor operators) on BDPS, Lean, and Six Sigma principles, creating a cultural trans formation and lean manufacturing mindset
- Formulate key recommendations regarding improvements needed to achieve strategic business objectives, and proactively identify objectives in jeopardy of not being achieved without substantial improvement efforts.
- Foster and encourage an organizational focus on process management, including related metrics, management-by-fact and best practice business discipline.
- Introduce efficiency measurement (productivity and OEE) and quality improvement tools and methods to monitor/optimize the efficiency of operating processes in the organization.
- Coordinate the development of timelines and action step accountabilities to drive improved business performance.
- Mentor and develop site personnel on CI and Zero Loss Mindset, develop future CI Leaders.
- Other duties assigned
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree (Engineering or related field) required (Master's degree preferred)
- Prefer 10 years relevant experience
- Prefer 5 years of project management experience, leading strategic projects for complex organizations
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (LSSBB) strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience in knowledge and implementation of Toyota Production Systems (TPS), including line/cell design, assembly line efficiency improvements, VSM, 5S, Tiered Management, Kanban, Heijunka, TPM, Jidoka, FMEA, LSW, Poka-Yoke, GEMBA Walks
Knowledge and Skills
- Possesses strong strategic abilities and has demonstrated the ability to develop a vision and drive for successful attainment of that vision.
- Ability to travel as needed
- Experience leading large-scale projects and Change management initiatives.
- Ability to work with others from diverse backgrounds and different cultures.
- Bold, innovative and willing to take calculated risks.
- Effective analytical and critical thinking skills, including business and financial analyses.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, organizational, and progressive thinking.
- Resourceful, able to inspire action and achieve results through others.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, consult and influence senior management in a cross-functional, matrix, global environment.
- Ability to challenge business leaders at all levels while building relationships and gaining respect.
- Excellent written and oral skills, and strong facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with ambiguities and rapid changes.