The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are one of the largest Fortune 500 diversified utilities in the United States with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America and a force for good in the communities we live and serve. We have businesses in 26 different states and are comprised of regulated utility and non-utility businesses. Our utility business provides electric and gas service to approximately 3 million customers. Our non-utility businesses include a diversified portfolio of energy related companies, ranging from gas storage and pipelines to renewable power development.
DTE Energy’s utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
* Gallup Great Workplace Award for consecutive years
* Civic 50 Award for corporate citizenship excellence
* Indeed’s annual “50 Best Places to Work” award for two years running
* Metropolitan Detroit’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
* J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
* Professional Women’s Magazine/Black EOE Journal “Best of the Best”
* Computerworld’s 100 Best Places to Work in IT
* Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
* Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
External Pre-Hire Assessment Required: Professional Pre-Hire Assessment
Drives overall continuous improvement philosophy and methodology that results in a continuous improvement culture. Interprets data, identifies trends, conducts root-cause analysis, and assists with benchmarking studies to determine and prioritize a business unit’s process improvement projects
, and creates business cases for these initiatives. Assures that improvement projects are aligned with business unit goals. Responsible for leading projects in assigned functional area processes. Responsible for providing overall direction and implementation of various process improvement tools and methodology.
- Determines benchmarks that can be used to compare the business unit's operations to other industry participants, providing a basis for competitively differentiating and ranking the business unit's performance; coordinates and monitors initiatives that evolve through these efforts.
- Conducts periodic & ongoing assessments of business unit processes & related systems; reports results to management and leads initiatives designed to deliver improved business and work management processes.
- Trains power plant personnel in the use of EBS systems and software (e.g. Maximo, SAP, Documentum, Primavera, PaSTA, I-dashboard); designs the course & materials.
- Develops and maintains a detailed set of metrics; conducts periodic statistical, trend, root cause & benchmark analyses; identifies trends; briefs management and provides process improvement recommendations accordingly.
- Monitors business unit performance data, comparing trends among different operational units; identifies potential areas for improvement & standardization among operational units; recommends corresponding process improvements and coordinates their dissemination & implementation among the business units.
- Prioritizes practice/process improvement needs within a business unit(s); provides related input into the unit's planning process.
- Solicits input from process owners within business units in the review of policies & procedures; determines content for online help systems. May be responsible for system updates.
- Facilitates business unit support of CI initiatives driven from the central Continuous Improvement Strategy Group, including annual planning cycle, benchmarking, CI Methodology Training, and other initiatives as rolled out.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
- Associate degree and 5+ years of relevant experience, including analytical, training or meeting facilitation, and continuous quality/process improvement
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business or a related curriculum
- Completion of Back Belt, Six Sigma, LEAN or related process improvement training
- Project management experience
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Consulting and influencing skills consistent with the ability to build relationships and influence parties; may include getting parties to embrace changing expectations and initiatives.
- Written, verbal communication, 'active listening' & advocacy skills consistent with the ability to present results of projects & research to senior-level Corporate & business unit management, and engage in persuasive written & verbal interaction.
- Analytical & problem-solving skills consistent with the ability to identify key issues from a broad range of alternatives, and recommend optimal solutions for various situations.
- Ability to develop/coordinate cross-functional work groups and projects, yielding optimal outcomes.
- Broad understanding of power generation, transmission, distribution and regional power dispatch issues.
- Ability to analyze complex financial data & develop optimal recommendations & solutions.
- Ability to work in a 'team' and/or 'matrixed' structure, supporting multiple clients.
- Ability to conduct efficacious meetings & manage the meeting process with optimal results.
- Flexibility & the ability to work with shifting priorities; embrace new/evolving responsibilities.
- Ability to apply project planning & implementation and/or continuous improvement principles (typically acquired through several years of experience in these areas) to affect tangible, positive outcomes.
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.