Business Optimization currently leads several cost reduction projects. The project teams are tasked to identify the root causes and implement corrective actions based to exposure and/or cost. However, to identify root causes requires investigation and analysis of large amounts of data; which is a manual process, requiring time that external teams man hours to conduct detailed analysis.
The Sr. Continuous Improvement Specialist is creatively responsible for driving continuous improvement culture across Niagara processes by actively communicating and investigating for areas of improvements and ensures needed trainings are facilitated and provided to internal teams for optimization purposes.
- Review weekly data, validate and investigate root causes
- Work with team leads to develop and implement corrective action plans. The analyst is not expected to lead these efforts, but support implementation where needed
- Track progress and performance to goal; highlighting impact of corrective solutions implemented
- Developing control and turnover plans to relevant teams
- Review and understand all data sources; communicate and interpret trends/impact on perspective projects, positive and negative. For example, in Deleted Shipments project, there are dashboards that communicate product availability at 96-99% but number of pulled shipments due to “No Product” is the highest category for pulled shipments. The analyst will be tasked to understand this disconnect and similar instances where data may not be in sync
- Recommend actions to improve data quality and reporting; define new data collection and analysis processes
- Minimum Qualifications:
- 4 Years – Experience in Field or similar manufacturing environment
- 0 Years – Experience managing people/projects
*experience may include a combination of work experience and education
- Preferred Qualifications:
- 6 Years– Experience in Field or similar manufacturing environment
- 4 Years – Experience managing people/projects
- experience may include a combination of work experience and education
Proficiency in, but not limited to:
- Critical Thinking: able to think critically (define a problem and determine the information needed to solve it; understand unspoken assumptions; form and test hypotheses; and judge the validity of conclusions).
- Prior experience in filling, food packaging, beverage filling, high speed consumer products manufacturing, or high speed dosing preferred
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement methodologies & tools
- Demonstrated project management skills on cross functional initiatives
- Some experience in root cause and/or root cause trend analysis
- Demonstrated ability to use data for creative problem solving
- Organizational sensitivity, engage without conflict.
- Creativity in developing new ways of working / methodology
- Good analytical skills.
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Good Quantitative skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, clear communicator, and demonstrated relationship building skills. Ability to function through influence in the absence of having positional authority.
- Able to interact with a wide variety of contacts, both internal and external.
- Proficiency in, but not limited to:
- Microsoft Office Applications – Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Projects, Visio, etc.
- Oracle Business Systems - preferred
- Efficiency Improvement Analysis Applications
- New System Implementation & Administration
- Able to take a leadership role in driving change in the future
- Minimum Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Data Science or Business
- Master's Degree in Data Science or Business
- Required: N/A
- Preferred: Lean & Six Sigma Certification