As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Senior Director, Operational Excellence plays a key leadership role in defining, driving and executing end-to-end process efficiency and effectiveness efforts across Supply Chain Manufacturing and in partnership with the respective business owners. Holds responsibility for all aspects of processes, including business process re-engineering and automation activities. Drives consistency around KPI’s, Technology, Controls and Operating models; brings industry's best practices and Lean Six Sigma subject-matter expertise. Leads process assessments, supports process design of new product introduction (NPI) and re-engineering work. This role serves as a key enabler to our productivity targets. working with our diverse and fast paced teams, will focus on building the Operational Excellence capabilities and the culture of continuous improvement that will strengthen and streamline our operations and eliminate operational wastes.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Work with the executive and senior leadership team to identify, across all business areas, key improvements, and will support building and progressing programs and cross-functional efforts that drive operational excellence, process improvement, and efficiency.
- Optimize business processes to achieve more efficient results including establishing standard processes and best practices
- Bring thought leadership on implementing and improving end-to-end process management
- Oversee the overall coordination, status reporting, financials, schedules, and stability of project-oriented work efforts, ensure that project goals and objectives are met within agreed upon time, scope, and resource requirements and meets quota’s for revenue growth.
- Set organizational vision for driving process standardization and best practices through organization-wide change management initiatives and established performance metrics
- As a member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), participates in setting the strategy for the Supply Chain Manufacturing Business Unit
- Oversees the development detailed project plans and manages all implementation processes within budget constraints
- Drives lean solutions to complex initiatives of strategic importance
- Oversight Responsibility for the development of compliance methodologies, including the creation of project metrics and charters, and risk mitigation and communication strategies. Responsible for building and maintaining a strong Risk/Control environment for the processes, including robust process documentation, identification of risks and issues, design of appropriate controls, and periodic testing of controls
- Ensure controls and KPI’s are operating effectively and conform to all legal and regulatory accounting and tax requirements, including compliance with corporate policies, local statutory requirements, and Sarbanes Oxley
- Act as trusted business partner consulting on escalations and advising on lean six sigma methodologies
- Ensure the function's compliance to goal setting and performance appraisal process
- Continually expand knowledge of elevator industry, market trends, industry analyst updates, and competitive data by reviewing internal and external sources.
- Ensures and promotes a safe work environment and demonstrates a safety mindset
- Help identify, coach and groom top talent
- 15 years’ experience of progressive management in a supply chain or manufacturing environment
- 15 years’ experience managing and leading a team
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or business-related discipline with 15 years’ experience in a manufacturing, distribution, or fulfillment center environment; OR
- Master’s degree in business-related discipline with 10+ years’ experience in a supply chain distribution or fulfillment
- Proven transformational leadership experience and driving end-to-end process improvement programs using DMAIC and DFSS principles, tools, and concepts.
- Demonstrated experience of program management and delivery of change management initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to partner with key business, function, technology stakeholders and external vendors on large technology implementations.
- Experienced with large complex and cross-organizational projects
- Excellent business acumen – making the right calls at the right time and focuses on the big picture while exhibiting the ability to drill into the detail and understand the impact.
- Deep understanding of enabling technology, tools, and methodology to drive process standardization
- Prior experience with helping develop a strong talent pool for the organization by attracting individuals with the critical needed capabilities and by providing helpful coaching and challenging roles or assignments
- Ability to manage and interpret financial information: P&L, sales forecasting, and other key financial data.
- Can-do attitude, energetic, forward-thinking leader with strong ability to multi-task, collaborate and deliver value proposition.
- Work independently but also have a strong commitment to being a team player
- Ability to educate, inspire and motivate employees towards achieving department as well as company goals and objectives
- Adept at influencing individuals and bring meaningful change to the organization especially during transformation
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- MBA in finance or business-related discipline
- Master Black Belt (MBB) Certified
- Strong knowledge of Oracle or other ERP systems, specifically in relation to process order management.
- APICS certification or progression to certification highly desirable.
- Experience and Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Experience in a Unionized Manufacturing Environment