We are hiring a Senior Director of Operational Excellence for our Global Supply Chain team in Bloomington, MN. If you consider yourself a strategic leader experienced in performance improvement initiatives within the manufacturing and supply chain industry, this role might be for you! In this leadership role you will report to the SVP of Manufacturing and be responsible for leading the operational excellence initiatives through effective leadership and working relationships with business leaders, functional change agents, and all applicable functional department personnel. The position is also responsible for advising senior executives on the nature and progress of assigned improvement activities that are targeted towards the elimination of waste, efficiency improvements, and cost savings within the supply chain.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunity to work on exciting, strategic projects in partnership with key leaders: showcase your business acumen and modeling skills to make a big impact on the profitable growth of your book of business.
- Direct line of communication to the executive leadership
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Develop plant CI functions to execute strategies and plans designed to reduce waste within multiple food manufacturing facilities and distribution centers.
- Staffing and developing talent for up to 20 CI managers and facilitators.
- Utilize performance management problem solving and lean/sigma tools as well as training, coaching, and influence skills to achieve specific organizational change and financial objectives.
- Identify process improvement opportunities, execute against those opportunities and successfully realize quantifiable benefits.
- Develop & maintain strong positive business relationships with key internal clients to clearly understand their business processes and the development/articulation of short & long term business objectives.
- Define the business case for the projects that have been proposed and validate the opportunity scope and importance of a project. Ensure identified projects align with business goals and that highest priority projects are worked on first.
- Build, mobilize, and lead cross departmental project teams to meet the project objectives within the given time frame and within budget.
- Update and maintain the status of projects in the project database. Establish key measures of success for projects and implement tracking plans.
- Facilitate meetings, kaizen events, and workshops to solve urgent business needs. Use Lean methodologies to understand current processes, identify impacts to current processes of proposed defect fixes or system enhancements, and work with the various stakeholders to propose and develop process and/or technology modifications.
- Gather, collect, organize, prioritize, conduct statistical analysis, and present data concerning business and/or project opportunities.
- Teach, mentor, and coach Green Belts on how to apply the appropriate Lean/Six Sigma roadmaps and tools to a range of improvement projects.
What we need from you:
Years of Experience: 10-12 years of related experience; certified Black Belt with at least 4 years of commercial/supply chain/continuous improvement experience. Master Black Belt preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in a relevant business discipline)
- Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the division, with all levels.
- Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams.
- Excellent business acumen and a passion to innovate
- Lean knowledge/ experience to apply lean concepts and principles across an entire value stream
- Ability to effectively influence and motivate others and work effectively with all levels of people inside and outside of the organization
- Must possess strong project management quantitative and analytical skills
- Software applications such as Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc
- Excellent training and presentation skills with solid oral and written communication capabilities
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to act independently and prioritize work.