Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and productivity by modifying existing processes and workflows, introducing automation, and developing new performance standards and metrics, and promote the adoption of industry best practices. May support a wide variety of operational activities. Undertakes work requiring basic application of acquired business or operational skills and knowledge and the principles of the primary discipline.
What Part Will You Play?
- Develops metrics that provide data for process measurement. Measures process performance, within a few assigned functional areas, against developed requirements then aligns improvement to performance shortfalls and operational inefficiencies. Identifies indicators for future improvement opportunities and implements process change requirements based on critical project needs.
- Performs root cause and performance trend analysis, and work simplification studies in order to develop appropriate process control changes. Analyzes current process standards and metrics to provide solutions for improvements.
- Creates communication plans regarding process improvement and re-engineering strategies for multiple internal stakeholders within the assigned functional area. Develops and uses work aids, such as process descriptions, checklists, templates and guides, to assist personnel with implementing defined processes. Assists with the creation of project plans and documentation to support the management of process improvement projects. Facilitates, creates, and presents information and supporting documentation to groups of internal and/or external customers participating in Rapid Improvement Events.
- Assists with process improvement concepts/methodologies/tools/principles training and guidance of clients and internal personnel. Updates and maintains process and procedure documentation to stay current with industry best practices.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: College, University, or equivalent work experience
- Typically Minimum 4 Years Relevant Exp
- Related work experience
- Typically Minimum 6 Years Relevant Exp
- Working with process improvement methodologies
- Six Sigma, Lean, or other process improvement methodologies
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
- Job Complexity - Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Supervision - Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Technical - Knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean, or other process improvement methodologies
- Microsoft Office - Microsoft Office