Applied Materials Inc.
Full Job Description
- Works with internal stakeholders to maintain the highest quality practices for product manufacturing. Works with the chemical suppliers for Raw Materials quality controls and supplier performance to Applied Materials Requirements. Develops business unit, department or sub-function plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities. Decisions are guided by resource availability and segment/functional objectives.
- Analyzes internal/external failures, suggest corrective and preventive action to respond to customer and internal stakeholder complaints.
- Advises design engineering on selection, application and tests of chemicals and blended chemicals.
- Recommends design or test methods and statistical process control procedures for achieving required levels of product reliability. Perform FMECA, document reliability and work with supplier and engineer to enable reliability/Quality test plans. Work with the suppliers to document and perform validation audits for PQP and continuously monitor supplier performance.
- Help resolve the internal quality issues to prevent shipments of non-conforming products and components
- Plan, devise and implement product life test regime prior to release, and analyze reliability & quality data for presentation to management and other relevant groups;
- Makes recommendations for changes in the selection and application of components and systems. May propose changes in design or formulation to improve system and/or process reliability.
- Change management for the portfolio of raw materials, blended chemicals, packaging materials and adhesives for sustainable supply chain
- Develops and implements division's Quality Assurance program and policies. Takes part and resolves customer facing and internal audit findings.
- Act as a team leader in an effort to analyze processes, products and raw materials to identify continuous improvements that drive product quality and increase customer satisfaction
- Regarded as the technical expert in their particular field specifically in the chemicals industry
- Demonstrates in-depth and/or breadth of expertise in own discipline and broad knowledge of other disciplines within the function
- Knowledge of chemical manufacturing processes to comprehend and anticipate quality issues
- Knowledge of working in a regulated chemical and special process industry
- Comfortable with six sigma methodologies, SPC, MSA, DOE and
- Anticipates business and regulatory issues; recommends product, process or service improvements
- Leads projects with notable risk and complexity; develops the strategy for project execution
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
- Work on the supplier corrective actions and internal 8Ds as necessary to ensure quality
- Impacts the direction and resource allocation for program, project or services; works within general functional policies and industry guidelines
- Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and persuades others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view
Education Background and Work Experience:
- BSc. Chemical Engineering with >10 years of experience in the chemical industry preferably Semiconductors chemicals industry.
- MSc in Chemical Engineering/ Materials preferred
- Six Sigma, SPC and Lean trained and experienced
- Good handle of Statistical Soft wares like JMP, Minitab etc.