The Sr. Quality Program Manager for the Integrated Missiles Defense Solutions (IMDS) program area which includes the NGI and EKV programs. This individual will be responsible for promoting and driving a strong quality mindset, practices, knowledge sharing, and collaboration. This individual will oversee implementation of strategic quality improvements on these programs and will manage a small team of direct and indirect reports.
This role will be the primary Mission Assurance interface for customer and supplier senior leadership, ensuring the successful execution of all the Quality and Mission Assurance requirements of the program, and provide oversight, leadership and coordination to the supplier quality managers supporting program requirements. This is a program that includes industrial participation and both co-development and co-production with another prime contractor which requires extensive collaboration to ensure that contract and internal goals are met.
As the IMDS business area grows, the Sr. Quality Program Manager will be responsible for leading a matrixed team of up to 25 employees that includes SMEs in Quality Assurance, Mission Assurance, Components and Materials Engineering, and Software Quality Assurance. NGI is the next generation interceptor, a strategic strategy for RMD for Ground Based Interceptor. This program will face challenges consistent with a new product entry requiring the Sr. Quality Program Manager to utilize advanced leadership and management skills to ensure all issues, challenges are effectively and efficiently driven to closure.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- As a member of the SMD IMDS Leadership Team, engage on both strategic and tactical levels, focusing on quality, cost and schedule performance, early engagement, influencing and providing differentiating quality value to program teams and customers.
- Provide direct management and grow a team of QPL's over the course of the program. As a membership of the Program Leadership team, the Sr. Quality Manager must also have knowledge and understanding of critical functional areas such as SCM, Engineering, and Operations.
- Be the prime Quality Assurance interface for the PAD, customer senior leaders, and supporting IPT leads, responsible for guidance, leadership and support on all matters pertaining to NGI and EKV including resourcing, technical quality and financial performance, and compliance to Raytheon procedures and contractual requirements.
- Directly interface with External and Internal customers and key partners. Establishing effective relationships with internal and external customers and the ability to manage and influence across multiple levels of leadership is vital to the success of this role.
- Be the primary Quality Assurance interface with the program Primes senior leadership, Northrup Grumman (NGI) and Boeing (EKV) responsible for influencing, guidance, leadership and on all matters pertaining to requirements definition, technical quality, Q&MA program execution decisions.
- Responsible for developing and implementing strategic and tactical Quality and Mission Assurance initiatives that will directly, positively affect the PAD and programs execution and influence.
- Will have to guide/influence/direct other Q&MA Senior Managers to successfully complete program task.
- Assuring inclusion of quality requirements, planning, and consistency for program proposals and ROMS.
- Minimum of 12 years of documented quality engineering experience.
- Experience with external customer interface management (i.e. acquisitioned customers, defense contractors, DCMA, MDA).
- Prior leadership experience; leading collaboratively with other leaders, mentoring strong cross-functional teams.
- Experience as a people manager; encouraging and in support of performance management activities, goal setting, career counseling, compensation planning, and employee training and talent development while managing employee relation issues within varying levels of the Organization.
- Requires an individual who is trained, certified or competent in relevant Quality Management Systems such as ISO 9001, AS9100, American Society for Quality, ASQ, Manager of Quality, CMQ/OE, Six Sigma or equivalent).
- Experience with performance to cost, schedule, and technical performance - including familiarity with Cost Accounting Methodologies (CAM) such as Earned Value Management (EVM).
- Experience in both production and design phases of a program or related program production disciplines within operations, engineering, SCM, quality.
- US Citizenship.
This position requires the hired candidate to hold an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance (or higher) on Day 1. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance. This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Aerospace or Defense industry experience.
- Experience with Integrated Product Development System (IPDS) or similar gate management process.
- EVMS Certified.
- Experience establishing cost estimates and Basis of Estimates (BOEs).
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Hands on experience in solving both business and technical problems.
- Proven track record of success in international assignments.
- Experienced interfacing directly with foreign national customers.
- Possess an in-depth understanding of contract flow and compliance.
- Works well with cross-functional teams at all levels.
Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM or related technical field. Master’s or other Advanced Degree is preferred.
This position requires an active security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance.