This individual will be responsible for increasing the utilization of hereditary cancer diagnostic ?tests and prenatal screening tests for all Myriad products sold to OBGYN, MFM, Breast Imaging, Surgery, Oncology, Primary Care, & Gastroenterology markets by working with large accounts, hospitals, and practices. The Strategic Account Manager will play an active role in consultative selling and project management while leading the internal team members on the strategic pull-through initiatives. ? ?The Strategic Account Manager will also be responsible for managing several key health system accounts within their assigned geography while developing incremental revenue in new or existing practices to support the Women's Health and Oncology Business Units.
The overall goal of a Strategic Account Manager is establishing and implementing a Hereditary Cancer Risk Assessment and Prenatal Genetic Testing Standard of Care within a health system or practice. The tools/tactics include but are not limited to:
- Mastery selling ability, with a skill set that will provide substantial incremental sales results over and above that of the area sales representative. The ability to sell to and close administrators, thought leaders, MD decision makers, and the c-suite.
- Providing quality process recommendations towards protocol improvement and Quality Assurance expertise that includes analysis and solutions to make hereditary cancer testing standard of care with healthcare providers. Including but not limited to the LEAN methodology to drive consistent, executive or administrative leadership with top-down support and staff pull through of bottom-up changes, for reliable and dependable processes that support physician behavior and impact patient outcomes.
- Analysis, understanding, and demonstration of revenue generation resulting from practice population-based risk stratification, including cost-effectiveness associated with proper utilization of personalized molecular diagnostics. This requires an understanding of billing, reimbursement and the impact of healthcare reform on physician's practices in addition to how healthcare quality and delivery is measured and rewarded.
- Building relationships between different disciplines across the academic and community network of health care providers to optimize an integrated multidisciplinary approach to the identification, diagnosis, and management of high-risk patients.
- Developing strategic relationships with societies and Key Opinion Leaders that are influential in creating change in your defined geography. Examples of strategic relationships may also include billing, legal, process efficiency, quality, practice management, clinical administrators that guide decisions in large health systems or multi-site physician practices.
- Understanding of EMR/EHR and other electronic solutions that are used to identify, and manage patients with the ability to demonstrate enough command to help integrate the right electronic solution to drive the high-risk stratification to a ?standard of care within the health system, hospital or practice.
- Collaboration with Account Executives, Regional Medical Specialist and Area Managers to target, plan and drive test utilization within large healthcare practices, hospitals, or health system facilities at the clinical, financial and operations level, to achieve improved patient outcomes.
- Maintain relationships and current market share in key accounts in assigned geography (approx. 3 -5 accounts per geography).
- Individuals to be considered for this position should have strong strategic thinking skills, extensive knowledge of healthcare delivery systems, ability to network, and a proven track record of success in sales demonstrated examples of leadership or management, preferably in the Women's Health, Oncology, or molecular diagnostics markets.
- BS. degree required, MBA preferred along with Six Sigma or Lean Healthcare Certifications. Previous experience as a Strategic, Account Manager. This position requires up to 50 - 75% overnight travel.
Physical and Mental Requirements of the job:
Carrying, Communicating, Traveling, Coordinating
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.