This position is focused on improving processes and practices at the bakery floor level where changes are implemented to improve financial results and to create higher levels of food and personnel safety. Best Practice identification and sharing to all locations will be a key deliverable of this role. The position requires high level of creativity, exceptional organization and project management skills. Must be able to coordinate all operational aspects of diverse project work and work productively with a wide range of people and job levels, both internally and externally to achieve objectives along with assisting in and driving results.
Directs and coordinates high level projects regarding continuous process improvements in an industrial organization by performing the following duties.
- Maintain inventory of work including Best Practice & Continuous Improvement activities and processes.
- Responsible for engagement in food quality & safety culture through active participation in improvement projects and RCA work to incidents.
- Ensures compliance to Continuous Improvement program RCA requirements.
- Provides input on areas of improvement needed along with potential resolution.
- Tracks Bakery performance and recommends CI activities with Bakery Directors and Finance.
- Monitors and improves inventory management & ERP utilization including MRP.
- Warehouse Management implementation and monitoring of accuracy.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves inventory, manufacturing, and maintenance opportunities to help drive proactive behavior and prevent recurrence of efficiency loss.
- Monitors and reports outcomes of Best Practice Sharing program
- Trending analysis in regards to manufacturing variances.
- Provides training & SOP’s where necessary to bakery personnel.
- Work closely with other departments in order to achieve organizational goals.
- Monitors bakery CI projects and provides input to priorities, progress and outcomes.
Five or more years in operations, continuous improvement project experience, training and development, TPM, and Lean Six-Sigma preferred.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- SAP knowledge in regards to production and inventory transactions and reporting.
- SQF experience; GMP, Food Safety knowledge
- Continuous Improvement experience; TPM, and Lean Six-Sigma
- Warehouse Management program utilization and inventory accuracy improvements
- Bilingual English / Spanish preferred
- Excellent PC skills with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- SAP utilization experience and skills in purchasing and material management activities.
- Work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment and maintain confidentiality of all interactions and communications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Able to manage multiple tasks with capability of prioritizing and planning work activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent project management capability.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness with ability to improve and promote quality, employee safety and overall productivity.