Are you a data-driven analyst looking for an exciting opportunity at a great company? As our Supply Chain Analyst, we’ll look to you to gather data and conduct analyses with the goal of improving the logistics supply chain operations for our industry-leading Endless Pools®, Hot Spring® Spas, Caldera® Spas, Freeflow Spas®, and Fantasy Spas®. In this role, you will identify underperforming areas in the distribution and logistics supply chain and use your problem solving and root cause analysis skills to suggest improvements or resolutions. As part of your duties, you will interpret results using both simple data aggregation via statistical analysis and complex data mining and extrapolation and will model data and provide cost/benefit analyses. We will also rely on you to analyze carrier contracts and service arrangements.
YOUR RIPPLE EFFECT
- Are you analytically minded ? Using competitive and benchmarked sourcing approaches, you will seek to understand and evaluate multiple provider proposals, and will review, analyze, and assist in negotiating all carrier contracts and RFPs. We’ll rely on you to communicate rate changes and/or discrepancies and determine their financial impact, as well as ensure carrier rate contracts are aligned with freight bill payors.
- Can you drive Continuous Improvement ? You’ll participate in or lead cross-functional initiatives to streamline processes, reduce waste and cost, and improve service level for our internal and external customers. As part of these duties, you will provide analytical support and/or will manage projects, new business opportunities, and proposals, and will recommend process and system improvements to meet the current and future state needs of our business.
- Do you take initiative ? We are looking for someone who will be proactive in identifying opportunities for distribution and logistics cost savings, then taking action to capture benefits. The recommendations you make and strategies you design to implement those recommendations will improve the profitability or operational processes of our business.
- Can you perform ongoing assessments ? You will develop total landed cost model capabilities to thoroughly review, analyze and present carrier quote inbound, outbound, domestic and international modes and key suppliers. Using complex analytical and qualitative methods, you’ll continuously assess the state of the Customer Service and Logistics capacity capabilities utilizing Llamasoft software.
- Do you think strategically ? As Supply Chain Analyst, you will conduct provider selection and source carrier selections in a competitive environment for truckload, flatbed, ocean, intermodal modes, and customs brokerage, and will strategically source new providers for identified areas of opportunity. In collaboration with business partners, you will ensure sound financial decisions are being made to drive improvement in Supply Chain’s distribution, logistics cost, and mode optimization. Furthermore, you will develop engaging and collaborative relationships with providers and internal partners/customers to drive problem resolution using lean principles and RCCM methodology.
- Do you enjoy data mining ? We will rely on you to extract, monitor, analyze, and validate data and information from multiple sources, including Navision, Jet Reports, Veraction, Llamasoft, GEP and all Carrier web-based tools. You will also research additional software systems that could be utilized to drive continuous improvement.
- Are you a reporting guru ? You will create and monitor reports to identify trends, issues, and opportunities, and will lead the supply chain logistics team in process/data analysis and reporting.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B.S.) in Supply Chain Management, Business, or related discipline is required, along with two years of related experience and/or training.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, databases, spreadsheets, statistics applications, and logistics software packages; ability to work both independently and in a team environment to understand contracts and tariffs, communicate findings, make recommendations, and facilitate change.
- APICS CSCP, CLTD, or CPIM certification is required.
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow or Green Belt is preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to interact with all levels within the organization.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 3% of the time.