Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides direct supervision to operations personnel.
- Ensures the safe, clean and efficient operation of the warehouse to meet standards.
- May provide training and technical assistance in other departments.
- Will handle performance reviews, disciplinary issues, coaching/counseling and overall employee relations.
- Oversees Kronos coding, verifying time and monitoring attendance.
- Will schedule personnel and track staffing requirements.
- Matches the skill and background of personnel to work required.
- Assists in developing a program to train and motivate personnel for increased effectiveness.
May be involved in various projects and cross training in other areas/responsibilities.
- BA/BS degree in Management, Business, Transportation, or Operations related curriculum preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of proven front-line management experience in operations for a manufacturing or distribution company.
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
- Previous experience utilizing independent decision making.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Previous AS400, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to motivate staff and handle a variety of both personnel and technical issues on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to handle and diffuse stressful situations.
- Proven supervisory skills including organizing and prioritizing work, and utilizing sound judgment.
- Excellent overall customer service skills, attendance and performance record.