We are conducting an executive search for a Vice President, Manufacturing who will report to the Tillamook Executive Vice President, Operations and be accountable for all Tillamook manufacturing facilities and operations (two Oregon locations, three plants). This executive will share the leadership team’s commitments to people, quality, stewardship, service and productivity and their staff. This individual will embody our Operations management culture of servant leadership and ensure their leaders do the same. They will continue the development and execution of world-class systems and process.
Here’s a day in the life:
- Supervise Directors of Plant Operations (two) with full accountability for all manufacturing employees, processes, equipment and output.
- Oversee manufacture of all Tillamook-produced products including cheese, ice cream (rapid growth anticipated), ingredients and Tillamook’s new powder products. This encompasses purchasing, production, inventory, quality control, buildings and equipment.
- Oversee Tillamook’s new Columbia River Technology partnership with Fonterra (New Zealand dairy cooperative).
- Continue building Tillamook’s “culture of continuous improvement”, with attention to process controls, “lean six-sigma systems” and “balanced scorecards.”
- Ensure achievement of the company’s “annual productivity plan”, which entails cost reduction targets and process improvements.
- Continue implementation of Tillamook’s “leadership approach to management” through use of effective people selection, development systems and processes.
- Contribute to achievement of Tillamook’s growth plan with special attention to long-term milk supply and on-going capital expenditure planning.
- Build a short and long-term operating plan to support aggressive company growth strategy.
- Achieve effective results relative to the Operations Scorecard, which identifies Key Performance Indicators, and related goals and month-to-date performance data.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Several years of successful senior management of food products manufacturing, preferably dairy products, with emphasis on high performance organizations producing multiple products in multiple locations. We prefer dairy experience relating to milk components and their uses and yields; pasteurization processes; food safety requirements; and cheese making processes and recipes.
- Experience with applicable leading-edge practices in production, logistics, information technology, human capital development and continuous improvement methodologies. Of special interest are experiences in the following:
- Building a culture of continuous improvement
- Lean six-sigma systems
- Balanced scorecard usage
- Run-right processes
- Servant leadership concepts
- Employee selection and development, utilizing servant leadership principles
- Building credibility with front-line employees through proven touchpoints
- Financial acumen, able to understand and improve production costs and efficiencies.
- Strong team orientation, with experience in culture and team development.
- Self-starter with a desire to get things done, with enthusiasm.
- Must be comfortable coaching peers and team members