iSixSigma

1 sample sign test

Six Sigma – iSixSigma Forums Old Forums General 1 sample sign test

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Kiran Varri
    Participant

why is “1 sample sign test” used ?
    Please help
    Kiran Varri

qualitycolorado
    Participant

Kiran,Try this iSixSigma link — does this answer your question:https://www.isixsigma.com/dictionary/1-Sample_Sign_Test-184.htmBest regards,
    QualityColorado

Kiran Varri
    Participant

Thanks for the link. I did go through the definition. I was wondering in what situations we use it. I mostly see mean being the object of interest.
    Will appreciate any examples
    Kiran Varri

Ruddy
    Participant

Hi Kiran,
    If your getting mean values then what you need to use is 1 Sample T as Test for Means. 1 Sample Sign Test is for Test for Medians.
    Try this example : (1 Sample T) – Test for Means
    Let’s say you have a material – silicon coil.  Target thicknes is .150mm (as the target mean).
    Then comes delivery you have 4 batches.  Each of the batch you get samples and measured.  So now you have 4 different means from your 4 batches.
    1 sample t is used to test if your mean from your 4 batches of delivery is the same as your target mean at 95% confidence.  Make the Hypothesis. Being  0.05 as your alpha risk.
    If any of your samples resulted to a pvalue lower than your alpha risk then the mean of that specific batch is not  the same as your target mean.  Then concldue your hypothesis

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.