iSixSigma

2 processes?

Six Sigma – iSixSigma Forums Old Forums General 2 processes?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

AlMundy
    Participant

Hi Six Sigma Forum!
    I have a row with appr. 250 data and I would like to know if this data comes from one or two processes. Could you please give me an advice which tool in MiniTab is necessary.
    Thank you very much!
    Best Regards,
    AlMundy

G
    Participant

You may do one of the following
    (1) Quality Menu-Basic Statistics-Display Descriptive Statistics-Graphs-Graphical Summary
    (2) Graph Menu – Histogram
    Both will show 2 distinct groups of histograms in case the output is coming from 2 different processes.
    The assumptions I made here is that both the processes are producing significantly different outputs

AlMundy
    Participant

Thank you very much – it works!
    Regards
    AlMundy

Bob J
    Participant

AlMundy,
    You may also want to use the Weibull plot capability in Minitab.   Go to Graph…  Probability Plot….  Single…..  Then go to distribution and select Weibull.  Typically in a Weibull plot, similar characteristic sample subgroups will plot as a line.  Those populations with two different sets of characteristics will  plot as a line with a bend.  Those samples on one side of the bend will be from population #1 and the rest from population #2.
    Hope this helps…..
    Bob J

AlMundy
    Participant

Hi Bob J,
    thanks a lot for your quick answer. I received an advice before yours and it works but I will try yours later also. It is always better to know 2 ways…
    Best Regards, AlMundy

indresh
    Participant

simple run chart will also tell you distinctly the same
    regards,
    indresh

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.