iSixSigma

3.4 of Six sigma

Six Sigma – iSixSigma Forums Old Forums General 3.4 of Six sigma

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

arjun
    Participant

How did u get the 3.4 of Six sigma

Mikel

Work hard and stay focused.

Markert
    Participant

i need to know you statistical understanding based on which i can device an answer for you.
    Do you know about normal distribution? and facts about how much area 1, 2, 3 SD covers etc

Ken Feldman
    Participant

The answer is 6.8/2 = 3.4  Another possibility is the area under the curve for 4.5 s.d. from the mean which is 6 – 1.5.  One of these answers is correct….I hope.

Mikel

Darth, my friend, you once again have failed to acknowledge that I actually gave the correct answer. Lean, with little variation, and correct.

Ken Feldman
    Participant

Stan, I acknowledge that you provided a more than adequate response to one interpretation of the question.  At a conceptual level you are correct and provided the appropriate answer.  I attempted to answer the question as if it were asking for a more statistical response.  I believe my 6.8/2 was as succinct and correct as your answer but possibly more helpful since it involved quantitative calculations.  I answered where the 3.4 came from and you helped with how to get there.  Combined they provide the roadmap for success.   AND, what’s up with that Vinny guy?  I respect that he fessed up to letting his mouth precede his prodigious mind but he has now let the genie out of the bottle.

Mikel

What in the hexx was Vinny thinking???
    BTW – this guy will never see 3.4 or 6.8 in his lifetime anyway – just seeing if I could put him on the right path – get up and do something, don’t sit around comtemplating your navel.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.