iSixSigma

6 Sigma in Travel Industry

Six Sigma – iSixSigma Forums Old Forums General 6 Sigma in Travel Industry

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Akanksha
    Participant

Hi
    I am working for a Travel BPO. I want to know that what is the scope of 6 sigma in Travel Industry. How and where can we apply it.
    ย 

SSAmature

Akansha there is very little done in travel industry when it comes to application of six sigma, leaving starwoods and airlines. Travel BPO’s I understand are different then others because of the process. Having worked in same industry this has been my concern too but still I feel it can be applied to email processes or to certain voice process as well. Though I am no expert since I am also doing my black belt currently.

Akanksha
    Participant

Thanx Amature 4 ur concern.
    As u said u r a doing blackbelt, could u let me kno ven is da right time 2 start a six sigma course. I ve done Bachelor’s in Business Administration in the field of Tourism and I ve a work experience of just 6 months at present.
    ย 

SSAmature

Akanksha I feel you should have experience of atleast 4-6 yrs before going in for black belt. You can go in for green belt to get a taste of it. Its understand to understand the business before embarking on SS journey drop me a mail if you need any help on [email protected]. I too have worked at travel bpo for quite a while.

Akanksha
    Participant

hey !!!! ve sent a mail 2 u…

Sea
    Participant

You do not have to be an expert in the industry in order to be successful as a BB or GB.ย  what you need is to be a great project manager, be open minded and follow the process.ย  there will be plenty of other experts in the business, it should be your job to guide them to improve their processes.
    In all industries business is a series of processes, some of them work well and are efficient, others contain waste, unnecessary complexity and cost.ย  Once these have been identified you can map the process, identify the waste and improve the process.ย 
    Strictly speaking you may not apply 6-sigma techniques, in fact Lean tools are probably more appropriate but don’t let that stop you.
    Try reading a book like Lean 6 sigma for services.ย  The ideas are pretty generic and can be applied in any industry.

murthy basapur
    Participant

1. Draw process map
    2. Analyze area of concern to customer-internal, external, stakeholder
    3. Define and prioritize
    4. Apply DMAIC
    5. Improve further by Lean

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.