iSixSigma

6 Sigma Tools Use in Accouting

Six Sigma – iSixSigma Forums Old Forums General 6 Sigma Tools Use in Accouting

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

CK Kim
    Participant

Hi,
    I am a beginner in Six Sigma and do not sure what are the tools that may be used in improving accounts closing day.
    Appreciate if somebody could advise

Schuette
    Participant

CK, not sure I understand the question but if your project involves improving on the time required to close the books at the end of some period, then this is an “improvement” project that would benefit from (at least)….
    process maps – current and proposed states
    SIPOC
    FEMA modified for use in a service environment
    XmR
    Capability
    Pareto
    Control charting in the Control phase where a missed cut off time is defined as a defect
    Hope this helps

CK Kim
    Participant

Jim,
    You got me right.  I was actually started a project by cutting down the time taken in accounts closing process from 4 days to 3 days. I attended a 3 days Green Belt training last week and found difficulty in applying the tool discussed in accounting.  Your value advice is absolutely going to benefit my project, and with the “little” knowledge that I gained in the training, I really hope my project is a success one. Thanks!

Jamilah
    Participant

When you say Six Sigma tools to use do you mean statictical tools? I suggest you start with basic tools like Detail Process Mapping and Root Cause Analysis (Fish bone or FMEA). From these you understand your problem better and have some knowledge to set the direction of your project.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.