iSixSigma

CSSBB Primer for ASQ Exam

Six Sigma – iSixSigma Forums Old Forums General CSSBB Primer for ASQ Exam

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #30957

    Coffee
    Participant

    Has anyone used the CSSBB Primer from the Quality Council for the ASQ exam?
    I am looking for recommendations for study materials and possbly any used study guides for sale.
    Chris [email protected]

    0
    #81246

    abasu
    Participant

    I have used it and recommend the primer from QCI strongly.  No other material for the open book exam was really necessary

    0
    #81247

    Jeremy
    Participant

    I agree with abasu.  Not only was it a great reference source during the exam, but it may be the best Six Sigma reference source, period.I also purchased the Electronic Exam CD and the solutions text. I’d highly recommend those as well.

    0
    #81282

    MMBB
    Participant

    I agree wholeheartedly with Jeremy. EVERY Black Belt should have the CSSBB Primer in their library!! 
    From the technical reference perspective, the “hardcover” Six Sigma books pale in comparison to this work of art. It provides a great coverage of aspect just not addressed in other Six Sigma books, such as a review of the great leaders of quality and their prespectives.
    Its the only book you’ll need for preparation. Give yourself plenty of time to read and review it though. It is a BIG book.
    I do think other SS books have the edge on implementation issues (rolling SS out in a business), which are another thing indeed.

    0
    #81302

    mcleod
    Member

    I have both the primer and the exam disk.  I am scheduled to take the next exam.  By using the book and disk did you pass the exam?  If so, how difficult did you feel it was?

    0
    #81312

    JRLAEL
    Participant

    I passed the most recent CSSBB exam (Oct 19th) and found it to be much tougher than I thought it would be. I used the IQC Primer and CD to study for it. I would roughly estimate that the IQC helped me with about 60% of the exam. The remaining 40% came from my general knowledge/application of advanced statistics and training as a CQE. In fact, when I took the ASQ CQE Exam in June (which I also passed), I honestly did not think it was that difficult and I actually finished over an hour early. For that exam, I used the IQC Primer and CD which along with my background in the Quality Engineering helped me significantly over prepared for the exam. The biggest problem that I had with CSSBB was time and I just barely finished it in the time allowed (nobody else in my section finished the exam, either). Although there was the usual share of tricky fluff questions that ASQ is famous for, there were a high number of advanced statistics problems that took a fair amount of time to solve. These problems were significantly more involved than were on the CQE EXAM. Bottomline, you better know the Advanced Statistics and DOE sections extremely well to pass the CSSBB.

    0
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.