Customer CTQ Defining Defect, Unit and Opportunity
December 8, 2003 at 5:12 pm #34043
Rick PastorMember@Rick-Pastor Include @Rick-Pastor in your post and this person will
be notified via email.
I was reading the six sigma section on “Customer CTQs Defining Defect, Unit and Opportunity.” I feel that the explanation for determining opportunities and defects was not very clear. So, I created the following example.
The process consists of one process step followed by an inspection.
1. 12 units start the process
2. A defect is any unit that cannot pass the inspection step
3. Two units (2) are reworked two times each (2x) for a total of four (4) reworks.
5. Five (5) reworked units passes after the 2nd rework
6. One (1) reworked unit is scrapped after the 2nd rework
7. How many opportunities do I have?
8. How many defects were generated?0December 8, 2003 at 9:20 pm #93328
The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.