iSixSigma

GRR

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #36982

    ROSS
    Member

    What does 10% GR&R mean when it comes to acutal test results.  i.e.:  I am measuring an activation force on a part with values that range from 2 to 8N with a GR&R of 10%.  If one of the values I got is 4N, does this mean that with a 10% GR&R my actual value could be 3.6 to 4.4N if I read 4N ? 

    0
    #107884

    Solo
    Member

    Tony,
    10% GR&R means that 10% of the variability measured is due to the gage, the other 90% is due to variation between samples.  The tolerance, the +/- value, is = UCL – LCL.
    -Solo

    0
    #107885

    Solo
    Member

    Sorry Tony…  The tolerance range = UCL-LCL.  So value + (tolerance range/2) or – (tolerance range/2)…
    -Solo

    0
    #107890

    Rey
    Participant

    Tony – Need to understand what % metric you are refering to in Gage R&R.
    There are 2 metrics – one related to tolerance (%Tolerance) and related to process ( % Contribution).
    Maybe your asking about the % Contribution. This refers to amount of variaton of your Gage related to a long term baseline process. So in your example from your long term baseline process variation 10% is due to your measurement system.
    The Gage study is related to Variation of Gage (precision=repetability+reproducibility) or a metric related to a set of values not individual as you are asking in 4 N example. Hope this helps …

    0
    #136820

    RS
    Member

    What type of GR&R would be used if you want to verify EV only and you have a one-side tolerance (i.e  12.5 nm minimum).   Do you use PV, TV, or something else?

    0
    #136835

    Diorio
    Member

    So, If you’re using ANOVA for GR&R, whcih % should be used to determine the EV as a percentage of TV?  The contribution percent, or the percent of TV?

    0
    #140548

    Felix Vazquez
    Participant

    I’m doing 2 kind of GR&R (max-min and mean) but I would like to know when I have to use each or other. For example if I have an inside diameter 130.00 mm +/- 0.025 which kind of GR&R is advisable? Advanced thanks
     

    0
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.