Process or output indicator?
April 24, 2008 at 2:52 am #49934
SorourParticipant@Paul Include @Paul in your post and this person will
be notified via email.
I have just started the define stage looking at a process which flows like this:
1) Data received from internal and external sources
2) Data manipulated internally
3) Data sent to external company for further calculation
4) Data received back in-house. Either incorrect- go to stage 3 (rework) or correct- go to stage 5
5) Distribute to departments for use
Project Y is cycle time.
My question is, is % correct data at stage 4 a process or an output indicator? To my mind, it looks to be AN output (in that it will supposedly be driven by a combination of inputs and processes preceding it) but not THE output (the project Y- cycle time [however it will presumably drive this, and it could therefore be looked upon as a process indicator].
All thoughts and comments appreciated.
The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.