Six Sigma Metrics
November 29, 2001 at 6:37 am #28290
Kim NilesParticipant@Kniles Include @Kniles in your post and this person will
be notified via email.
If Six Sigma can be defined as the best of TQM lumped together with some fancy new twists, then Six Sigma metrics must also be the best of all measurement and strategic implementation models, right?
Along these lines, here is a list of Measurement and Strategic Implementation Models that I put together from the literature in no particular order.
1. Historical cost based metrics
· Short term financial gain only
2. TQM metrics
· Trying to capture the hidden factory
3. Cost of Quality metrics (or COPQ)
· Capturing the hidden factory
4. Hoshin Kanri
5. Management by objectives
6. Traditional Six Sigma metrics
· 1.5 sigma shift
7. Denominator Metrics
8. Balanced Scorecard – Kaplan
· Growth and learning
9. Three step top down approach Dr. Bob Frost
Critical success factors
10. Customized metrics
· Product and service
· Multiple site corporations
· Multiple product line corporations
How much of these are utilized in Six Sigma initiatives?
What else did I miss?
Sincerely,Kim Niles http://www.znet.com/~sdsampe/kimn.htm0
The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.