It’s often easier and faster to get a helping hand from an expert. On this page, you will find interviews with industry experts on various topics of Lean and Six Sigma.
- Ask Dr. Mikel Harry
Dr. Mikel Harry answers more than 150 user-submitted questions about Lean Six Sigma in areas including: Certification & Training, Leadership & Teamwork, Metrics, Organization & Strategy, Six Sigma Methodology and Tools & Techniques.
- Ask the Expert: The Topic – The Way We Work
Mike Carnell of CS International discusses how organizations can internalize and incorporate Six Sigma.
- Ask the Expert: The Topic – Deploying and Implementing Six Sigma
David Silverstein of BMGI discusses the details of a Six Sigma deployment.
- Ask the Expert: The Topic – Integrating Lean and Six Sigma
Michael George, chairman and CEO of George Group, answers common questions about integrating the Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Ask the Expert: The Topic – Starting a Six Sigma Initiative
Smarter Solutions Inc. CEO, President and Founder Forrest Breyfogle shares his advice on starting a Six Sigma deployment.
- Ask the Expert: The Topic – Large and Small Deployments
Joe De Feo, President and Executive Coach at Juran Institute, offers his views on deploying Six Sigma in large and small companies alike.
- Ask the Expert: The Topic – Six Sigma Certification
Steve Wittig, vice president-Six Sigma at Masco Builder Cabinet Group, offers his views on Six Sigma certification. He discusses his companys policies on certification criteria, third-party certification and recertification for all levels of Belts.
- Ask the Expert: The Topic – Six Sigma and Business Strategy
Joe Valasquez, senior vice president/quality and productivity executive for Bank of America, offers his views on Six Sigma and business strategy. He discusses aspects of successful programs plus the value of partial deployments and pilot programs.
- Ask the Expert: The Topic – Hiring and Training Black Belt Leaders
Jackie Cazar, vice president of Pershing LLC, a member of BNY Securities Group, offers her perspective on the hiring and training of Black Belt leaders including what a Black Belt needs in the way of skills, background and experience.
- Ask the Expert: Six Sigma – The Way We Work
Mike Carnell, Six Sigma Program Manager for BHP Billiton Base Metals, offers his views on Six Sigma as the way we work. He discusses the possibilities and problems of completely institutionalizing Six Sigma in an organizations processes.
- Ask the Expert: The Topic – Six Sigma Adoption and Cultural Issues
Jack Finney, president and CEO of Six Sigma Academy, offers his perspective on Six Sigma adoption and cultural issues from strategies to convince resistant employees to maintaining a positive culture as the initiative matures and employees turn over.
- Ask the Expert: The Topic – Six Sigma Metrics
David Henkin, a principal at The Vanguard Group, offers his views on Six Sigma metrics. He discusses ideas on metrics used by successful companies, Six Sigma metrics versus business metrics and the best ways to present metrics to upper management.
- Ask the Expert: The Topic – Six Sigma and Employees
Barbara Wheat, executive director of Six Sigma for Tenneco-Automotive, offers her views on Six Sigma and employees. She discusses a variety of ideas on communications, but her best advice about what to tell employees is: The truth.
- Ask the Expert: The Topic – Six Sigma Vision
Praveen Gupta, CEO of Quality Technology Company, explores the topic of Six Sigma vision from visions for SixSigma initiatives and building support with quick wins to alternatives to the ubiquitous vision and mission statements.
- Ask the Expert: The Topic – Six Sigma and Return on Investment
John Lopez-Ona, president and CEO of Six Sigma Qualtec, offers his perspective on Six Sigma and return on investment from how to measure ROI in a Six Sigma initiative to the critical success factors in achieving a satisfactory ROI.