Definition of Find, Organize, Clarify, Understand, Select (FOCUS – PDCA):
The FOCUS-PDCA model provides a model for improving processes. The model’s name is an acronym that describes the basic components of the improvement process. The steps include:
- Find a process to improve
- Organize an effort to work on improvement
- Clarify current knowledge of the process
- Understand process variation and capability
- Select a strategy for continued improvement
PDCA is an acronym for Plan, Do, Check and Act. The PDCA cycle is a way of continuously checking progress in each step of the FOCUS process.